Direct Motor Swap....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Motor Swap....

not sure if should go here or gen tech...

Also think maybe we should get a write up made for this.

What to do on a direct motor swap on a 3.8L Do we drop the K-member and suspension? Do we pull the motor?

Also what motors are plug and play, coudl I take a 2k2 injectors and all and drop it directly into a 2k, without having to worry about injectors, or anything else? (also have HPtuners, if small issues arise)

Re: Direct Motor Swap....

what year is your car?

Comment

I have a 2000, but I think maybe we should list what years are swappable to what years if we can.

Comment

yea, everything you are asking has been covered and is a search away. ;)
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

you can swap and other L36 bottom (95+), but you are gonna need a straight upper intake to match your TB.

you can also use and L67, L32 or I believe is a L27 bottom end (grand prix's) but you would need to swap over a camaro top end.

So really you best bet is to get a 2000+ L36

and no dropping the K, I pulled my motor right out the top.

Comment

the gm service no. for a brand new 3800 series II na motor is 89017861, it services all of them in a long block (oil pan to valve covers).

the gm tech manual says pull from the bottom, but our techs pull from the top in order to make time.
            Last edited by David8399; 09-16-2007, 08:28 PM.
            96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X