Re: cam/rocker question

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
    wait, you're the same dude thats been talking about a big build FOREVER
    Uh oh...
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

well sorry, but I remember all these posts from the past askign about cam specs, and pistons, AND THE STROKER KIT!!!!! thats right!!!!

he was talking about a boosted stroker kit forever.

Comment

So Johnny.... When are you going to go for it?
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

that's me. I'm takin' it one thing at a time. I have heads done and a bored out & clearanced block. Need stroker kit, valvetrain, etc. In the meantime I am running the heads with valves/springs I had laying around so when the time comes I will tear them down and rebuild them before putting them on the big build. summer '08 hopefully. I'm not gonna lie it's gonna take a while. It took time for me to figure out what I was going to do to begin with.

Finally got a real job, I was working at Staples, then a cabinet shop, now I'm with AT&T making better money. I'll be happy with 12s, ecstatic with 11s.

7/2008 it should roll out of the confines of my garage with more displacement. I'm going to build it with the help of a few friends.
          Last edited by JohnnyC; 09-12-2007, 04:56 PM.
          \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Fair enough, just making sure you aren't wasting our time!
            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
              In other words, the cam ground for the 1.6 rockers has a higher lift, but still results in .530 lift at the valve and the cam ground for the 1.8 rockers still results in .530 lift at the valve also.
              the milder lift cam with higher ratio rockers will provide more performance than a high lift cam w/ lower ratio rockers.

Comment

That's what I was wondering. So basically, the whole concept of a high-ratio roller-rocker not working with a high-performance cam is due to the excess lift I am guessing. Maybe I'll do a milder lift cam with aggressive duration and some 1.8:1 roller rockers on the stroker build?
                \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  4 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X