A Cam Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Cam Question

Well I have a question that i couldn't find answers too.

1: I'm getting a CompCam's Cam. I was wondering if All this stuff is also needed as well To run my Cam? Or can i get rid of some things for now and then just keep upgrading it slowly.

Mind you this is going into a 1996 Camaro 3.8L with the Angled TB. Also the car has 91k Miles on it as well.

CompCams Push rod Set - 7.050" Overall Length
    CompCams Titanium Valve Spring Retainer Set
    CompCams Valve Springs
    CompCams Pro Magnum Rocker Arms - 3/8 Stud, 1.75 Ratio
    CompCams High Energy Hydraulic Roller Lifters

And here is a pic of the Comp Cam i am getting. I appreciate any and ALL info! So Please let me know! Thanks!

Re: A Cam Question

wrong section.

moving...

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

get new intake gaskets as well

Comment

What are the specs on the cam itself? No one can answer those questions without that info.

I'm guessing right now the 1.75 rockers will be TOO much lift with an aftermarket cam.

Comment

that cam looks like the grind lance had...... that cam really aggressive cam you need p/p intakes and p/p heads.

you will be good on the lifts with the 1.75 rockers if you use 130# springs. (BTW the only place to get comp rockers is from ZZP, no other cars rockers fit our car) and they only have 1.7 and 1.73 ratio.

then you will have to tune it out the *** to be able to drive the car.
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

That cam is huge as hell.
            It will idle poorly.
            With the 1.75 ratio rockers your lift will require ported heads to flow well at the higher lift. The duration is really large.

Since you have a limited knowledge of cams, I would say that you should NOT put this cam in your car.
            1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I appreciate all the help guys. Looks like im just gonna go with a NA Cam since im going to be running Nitrous. Also going to go with Abbot's Kit. Anybody have any reviews for Abbot's Cam Kit?

Comment

although abbott is a good company, I wouldn't buy a Cam kit or anything that's supposed to have everything you'll need...it's a bit more secure to buy the stuff you need piecemeal

Comment

Abbott will treat you right..... hell my head cranked and he said send it back and he would take care of it.... no questions asked :banana: :banana:
                  www.turbov6camaro.com
                  1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                  4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                  7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                  11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    4 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X