what can i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can i do?

right now pretty much all my power kicks in at 4k rpms. What can i do to lower my power range to around 3kish?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: what can i do?

get rid of your 3" exhaust and get a 2.5" exhaust for starters
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

other than that :)

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

nitrous, it activates at 3k rpms. :)
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
          right now pretty much all my power kicks in at 4k rpms. What can i do to lower my power range to around 3kish?
          Get a larger engine.
          Seriously, that or downshift and get the revs up....
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
            get rid of your 3" exhaust and get a 2.5" exhaust for starters
            yup, this is what you're gonna have to do

Comment

Your not doing yourself any favors by having an exhaust that big. It might sound cute, but if you can't back it up.... what's the point??
              FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
              Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
              Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Supercharge, or just put on a more restrictive exhaust with cam optimized for lower rpm but that will kill performance. Shift at 4k instead of 3k :)
                \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

what are your exhaust mods? i have the edelbrock 3" exhaust with the pacesetter headers with a high flow cat and i have plenty of power ranging from 2500-5000 rpms.

Comment

no cat with an slp "bullet" type muffler.

im just going to get some new rockers to increase my power range instead i guess. Also gonna get some new springs so i can rev higher to justify my 3''
                    any reccomendations?
                    Last edited by Meatyshells; 09-06-2007, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Stroker Kit will bring your powerband back down inthe band. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TealV6
                        It might sound cute, but if you can't back it up.... what's the point??
                        What? sure, having a 2.5" exhaust may be fun for d1cking around between stoplights, but isn't the only place you should be driving like a moron with a sports car is on a 1/4 strip? And, to this date, cars with 3" exhausts are faster than cars with 2.5" exhausts on the track. So, if anyone's having problems "backing it up" it's the cars with 2.5" exhausts

Comment

^ okay, well I'll give you one reason why I don't like my 3" exhaust. You, me, and meatyshells all have 5-speeds. I hate when every time I need to excelerate I need to pop it down in gears just to get to get my engine in the powerband. The low end torque is so nonexistant I shift twice as much as I did before. Up and down, up and down, through traffic. It's just way to easy to lug the engine, which is bad. I'm not looking to set records.

Comment

Originally posted by IDoVoodoo
                            ^ okay, well I'll give you one reason why I don't like my 3" exhaust. You, me, and meatyshells all have 5-speeds. I hate when every time I need to excelerate I need to pop it down in gears just to get to get my engine in the powerband. The low end torque is so nonexistant I shift twice as much as I did before. Up and down, up and down, through traffic. It's just way to easy to lug the engine, which is bad. I'm not looking to set records.
                            sounds like your problem is with your transmission, not your exhaust. Don't like shifting? Get an automatic.

EDIT: Also, LOL @ the people with stock internals talking about moving their powerband. The only real way to noticibly change your powerband is to do internal work...with the stock camshaft grind, the car's true powerband is going to be up very high, regardless of what you have hanging off the back of the engine. Regardless of what your butt-dyno tells you, you're not losing any power with a 3" exhaust...your car is making more power, just more evenly. It may not make for an exciting ride going to the grocery store or when you're trying to impress some HS bimbo, but power is power is power
                            Last edited by Smoke Panther; 09-07-2007, 01:38 PM.

Comment

My car felt slower when I sawed off my flowmasters, but in reality I went faster. Just lost some bottom end.

I hear 3" exhaust is actually quieter... is this true?
                              \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X