next mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next mod?

So I have a 99 3800 camaro, I’ve added the under body ram air, jet chip and a new muffler. What lower budget add on can I get to extract the most horse power with out killing the car. I was considering a cam, but don't have too much mechanical back ground. What should I do/get for a relatively small budget, under 450?

thanks

Re: next mod?

This probably isn't advanced tech, but if you have just a muffler I would suggest adding:

Cold Air intake in addition to the ram air
    High flow cat
    Full catback

You should be able to do that for under $450 and see/feel a noticeable differance.

Comment

the ram air is the cold air intake, Austin Ram Air (SSRA) Kit... right? and it's hard to get a higher flow cat because i live in california and emmisions are strict. a full cat back is definately an option, but i was just going to wait untill i could afford headers too.

Comment

i would wait and install a high flow cat, headers and finish out your exhaust at the same time and u will notice the increasement.

Comment

so i should just wait untill i have upgraded the complete exhaust system before messing with the engine internals? and how effective are throttle body spacers and air box lids in v6's?

Comment

Originally posted by scotty5
            so i should just wait untill i have upgraded the complete exhaust system before messing with the engine internals?
            yes
            and how effective are throttle body spacers
            not very effective
            and air box lids in v6's?
            very effective

Comment

hey thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X