Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roller rockers

just want to know do u lose any torc when install 1.9 roller rockers thanks
    2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Re: roller rockers

You will gain both HP and Torque when going with the 1.9 rockers. Get springs and retainers to support them, you MAY move your HP/TQ up in the power band, but you WILL NOT lose any!

Comment

that will only increase duration by a couple degrees so it won't hurt your low end

Comment

well what if i dont want to move my hp and tq up in the power band i want my power band to be low rang not high so should i stick with the stockers then if i wanted that thanks
        2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El
          well what if i dont want to move my hp and tq up in the power band i want my power band to be low rang not high so should i stick with the stockers then if i wanted that thanks
          those roller rockers really wont hurt your low end but if low end is all you want than stock ratio is fine. maybe go with one of the lightweight full roller rockers.

Comment

No matter what you do, be it cam, or rockers, you won't be able to make a lot of power with valvetrain upgrades without moving the powerband up. If you want more low end power you would be best off getting a stroker, but that is a hell of a lot more money.
            2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Unless you want to tow, which is a severely bad idea with an Fbody, then t-punk pretty much hit it on the head.
              1995 Pontiac Firebird
              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

lol no no towing here the reson i ask is i all ready have 1.9 rockers with ls6 spring and ls1 retainers but do to money issuses im going to take out the 1.9s and stick back my stockers on but im worried about the ls6 spring and ls1 retainer will they work with my stock rockers will i damage anything thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El
                  lol no no towing here the reson i ask is i all ready have 1.9 rockers with ls6 spring and ls1 retainers but do to money issuses im going to take out the 1.9s and stick back my stockers on but im worried about the ls6 spring and ls1 retainer will they work with my stock rockers will i damage anything thanks

you are perfectly fine to switch back to stockers.

Comment

cool thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X