ZZP heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZP heads?

I have a 2000 3800 Firebird, am I able to use heads from ZZP? I've heard that v6 F-bodies can't use Grand Prix heads because the fuel injectors are placed in different areas. Is this true? If so, where can I find heads for my F-body. Thank you.

Re: ZZP heads?

the gp supercharged heads have injectors in them. the gt heads have injectors in the intake - same as f bodies. the easiest thing to do is email or call zzp!

i'd go with abbott racing heads anyway. unless you go with zzp aluminum heads. aluminum heads will run you about the same, you'll drop 30 lb off the nose, and they're very exclusive:)

Comment

this is good news. thanks a lot man.

Comment

yea zzp will P&P your heads if you send them in as well.

Abbotts is the leader though for 3.8l fbody headwork. Many people love their work.

ZZP aluminum heads I don't think are released yet and they could be kind of expensive, but would flow way more than the abbotts once P&P. They should set some really nice numbers once released
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

when do they plan on releasing them? Estimated cost?

Comment

Originally posted by DHiser27
            when do they plan on releasing them? Estimated cost?
            They were suppose to have been released this past march but that has been postponed and they haven't said a definite answer now.

pricing, nothing set in stone yet
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Yea, they should be real nice when they get them out.
              01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
              AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
              www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
              www.vaperz.com
              PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

zzp does have heads for our engines. Just select the GT heads instead of the GTP heads.

Comment

They need to release the aluminum ones. They are going to own all

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                  Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                  http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

ZZP, Intense, Abbott, and SuperSixMotorsports all will do heads for our cars.

All have been flowbenched and each have their pros and cons.
                    It is really a matter of perference when it comes to it, but:

Abbott - Well respected in the L36 community for doing heads
                    SuperSix - The original powerpack, magnus ran these heads as did a few others when they were the handful of guys pioneering the L36 fbody modifications (also have very good flow numbers).
                    ZZP/Intense - Large company backing with a LOT of L67 experience.

I believe the abbott heads flow better than advertised on the site as well as that was the original port/polish that was done on Lance's and tested which they have improved their process since then.

Comment

i hate to jack the thread but....

when it comes to P&P the heads...

1. how much power do they release(crank) estimated?
                      2. do u have to do any other supporting mods i.e. tune to have it done?
                      3. and lastly, how much is it for abbott to do

Comment

damb noob post whores:twak:

Comment

Originally posted by auto666
                          damb noob post whores:twak:

u better not be calling me a newb or a post whore...ive been here longer than you

Comment

seriously, check out some websites. http://www.abbottracingheads.com/gm3800.htm

if the zzp aluminum heads finally come out, even at $2000, they're ahead of intense, and they're much lighter, and stronger. if you need all out performance, they'll take you further than any other head.

wrt hp...it's combo dependend. you won't get as much from the head with stock cam and exhaust. get a decent cam ~ 200°, and 1 5/8" headers. matt at stattama told me that ported heads and 206° st1 turbo cam should still have a good idle, and not affect mileage (much). and yes, you will need to tune.

Comment

haha its alright man you arent a post whore. this was my post but i got my questions answered. its all good man ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                5 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X