3800 Stroker Sponsor Effort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3800 Stroker Sponsor Effort

Well, the financial things are no longer a concern, I HAVE the money for the stroker kit. But the time frame in which to get everything done is just too soon for me to make anything impressive. Too much time to spend on the car, and two jobs at the same time, I will run out of time. Gotta figure, I have to get a turbo kit fabbed up, the engine built, the suspension completely redone, and do various weight reductions in a three month span.

I will admit, I probably should have known it would be a small window to produce something, but I went for it anyway. Either way, I think I will buy this stroker kit, whether it is $1450 or $2900 is irrelevant to me.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I take it they would expect runs, etc within 3 months then?

I'm still looking into everything, and the non-boost stroker kit is something I really want...I haven't seen anybody with a stroker kit on the 3.8 so I would be hesitant to buy one (hence this sponorship thing i guess)
      1999 Camaro Z/28
      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Yes.

Like I said, I totally and completely understand why they would want it this fast, because it is a business, and they are trying to get their name and product out there. But I was somewhat unaware of the time frame, and I accept blame for that.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

3 months would be a real push...
          1999 Camaro Z/28
          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

OK Guys.... Hats off to Wes. for his honesty!
            He regretfully had to decline the sponsorship offer as his build is to take place over the next year.

So with that said, I'd like to re-open the Sponsorship effort again but would like to make a few points clear. This may have been my fault from the first round.

The kit we are offering is the High Performance Kit, which is designed for Boost type applications as it includes the Forged Aluminum pistons which are 8.2-to-1 compression. We're obviously targeting a Super-Charged or Turbo-Charged set-up. I'd love to be sitting on alot of the 10-to-1 HP kits as I'd love to sponsor one of these N2O machines which applied.
            Our goal here is to have the build done and running, producing real #'s in the next 2 to possibly 3 months.

The door is open once again and we will be picking a winner hopefully in 2 weeks.

Comment

Anyone who replied through the website for Round One and is still interested, PLEASE re-apply through the site so we know who is and not still interested.
              Thanks...

Comment

again... i would be ALL OVER THIS if i had the money :( man..
                Dave:
                00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                  Its nothing more than a joke to me, because they offer little if anything over there. The REAL V6 fbody source is HERE, at www.camarov6.com/www.firebirdv6.com. I will stay true to that and this site, and leave the posers at the other site.
                  That's why they had like 30 v6 fbodys at there meet up? No one posts on this site anymore unless they are asking questions about headers/intake. All the turbo guys post there, all the s/c guys now post there, all the nitrous guys post there, all the n/a guys post there, no one with a decently fast fbody posts here except dan who is parting out his piece.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                  Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                  http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Originally posted by airattack111
                    That's why they had like 30 v6 fbodys at there meet up? No one posts on this site anymore unless they are asking questions about headers/intake. All the turbo guys post there, all the s/c guys now post there, all the nitrous guys post there, all the n/a guys post there, no one with a decently fast fbody posts here except dan who is parting out his piece.
                    I am a nitrous guy that posts here, and have a pretty quick ride with the 2 stages of nitrous. ;)

Beginners need a place to start as well, we just have a high volume of beginners here that are just getting on the scene and $$$ is not there like some of the other older guys on the other site.

We are all here to support the v6 fbody, there is nothing that makes one site better than the other, we are all here to share a common interest and that is the v6 fbody. Just wish some people would understand that and stop making it into a big competition...instead we should support each other and motivate each other. Go after mustangs and imports instead of each other. ;)
                    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

you speak as if your car is fast. :rolleyes:

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                        I am a nitrous guy that posts here, and have a pretty quick ride with the 2 stages of nitrous. ;)

Beginners need a place to start as well, we just have a high volume of beginners here that are just getting on the scene and $$$ is not there like some of the other older guys on the other site.

We are all here to support the v6 fbody, there is nothing that makes one site better than the other, we are all here to share a common interest and that is the v6 fbody. Just wish some people would understand that and stop making it into a big competition...instead we should support each other and motivate each other. Go after mustangs and imports instead of each other. ;)
                        it'll never happen. it'd be nice if it would, but it wont.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        Or this

Comment

+1. im still here though. i love both sites.
                          Dave:
                          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I'm still here also.... and my loyalty has always and will always reside here.

I really am excited about this mod.... again, if my bird did not get flooded then I would have jumped on this!!!!

It is a planned mod if I buy another v6 f body... I am currently casually looking at f body's....

I wish you all the best!
                            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                              you speak as if your car is fast. :rolleyes:
                              I didn't include me? I post at both sites dumbass.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                              Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                              http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

no you didnt but swing from the sacks of them.

Follow me!
                                Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X