What's the diff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the diff?

I looked through the stickies and am struggling to find a solid answer to this one. Between the abbot stage 2 and 3 heads how much of a power diff is there? Looking at the site they mention they put more time into the stage 3 heads, what does that equate to numbers wise between 2 & 3? Does anyone have accurate numbers between the 2 & 3 and if so how much of a diff will 5-10 cc's make at 5500 rpm's? How much of a diff does it make to have the slightly larger exhaust? If I'm running say a gt2 cam with 216 duration and .512 lift with a 1.6 rocker will it compensate, help or compliment the heads.
    Can anyone with some real experience chime in? I should be able to pull enough together for the 2's but if the 3's are so much better I guess I'll have to wait. Input please, ty in advance.
    Last edited by youngsc; 04-30-2007, 05:24 PM.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Re: What's the diff?

Ask them (his name is Lance)...he is very helpful, why don't you go with there Comp cams they sell? I would imagine they sell them to attribute the heads
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

I would and will but wanted some real world opinions and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
        I would and will but wanted some real world opinions and experience.
        what? they have a Firebird in the shop that they've had both types of heads on...can't get much more "real" than that regarding experience and opinions

Comment

No **** I'm saying a lot of times what a vendor advertises isn't 100% accurate. i.e. an air intake that truly gives our cars 15hp, Hypertech really giving our cars 13hp. Makes sense to ask people with real experience that can say yes or no. Anyone with something productive to add or just a bunch of you shoulds. I sent an email to lance but want some real world data.

Comment

Lance is an honest guy and almost everyone has loved Abbott heads when they get them. They aren't like SSM you'll be good with either stage you decide to go with. Just talk to lance and he will help you pick the right set for your needs.
            2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

You ever find out the "real" difference?
              1999 Camaro Z/28
              1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Young! Did you ever find out the difference?
                1999 Camaro Z/28
                1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

No. I never got a reply from Abbott so I really dont know.

Comment

For what it's worth, I have a set of Stage Three heads for sale used for only a few miles before selling the car and keeping the Abbott stuff...we hit over 230 rwhp on the chassis dyno and over 255 ft/lb torque with these and their n/a cam....like new..only $1500... email: nostalgiabooks@hotmail.com if interested

Comment

^^^ Could you please give me more specs on your car

I want to see what else you did to it and what numbers it produced please
                      1999 Camaro Z/28
                      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        5 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X