abbot cam + nitrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abbot cam + nitrous?

im looking at the abbot racing NA cam, i also want to run a 100 wet shot of nitrous...would this combination be alright, or would i need a different cam? i want something thats somewhat streetable, but also gives a decent gain. i was looking at the gt2 cam, but it just doesnt seem to give the NA gains i was looking for...thanks for the help :)

Re: abbot cam + nitrous?

the abbott cam loves the nitrous, would be a great choice for a NA car, I would take it over the gt2 anyday
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
      the abbott cam loves the nitrous, would be a great choice for a NA car, I would take it over the gt2 anyday
      thats what i wanted to hear, thanks :)

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
        Got this from the cylinder head research sticky - "Next, I am going to discuss a theory called the Exhaust-to-intake ratio........Stock actually has the best Ratio at 84%!! "

From Chevy High Performance- "A dual-pattern cam employs more exhaust duration in order to compensate for a weak exhaust port, which is often the case with stock heads."

Since our heads really don't have this weak exhaust port do we need the dual-pattern cam from Abbott with such a split in duration? I think a single-pattern like the GT2 would be ideal. Does this sound right? Any comments?

Comment

from the numbers I have seen from the abbott NA cam at the track, that is enough proof for me. Put a set of abbotts heads with it and have some fun

Comment

Originally posted by IDoVoodoo
            Got this from the cylinder head research sticky - "Next, I am going to discuss a theory called the Exhaust-to-intake ratio........Stock actually has the best Ratio at 84%!! "

From Chevy High Performance- "A dual-pattern cam employs more exhaust duration in order to compensate for a weak exhaust port, which is often the case with stock heads."

Since our heads really don't have this weak exhaust port do we need the dual-pattern cam from Abbott with such a split in duration? I think a single-pattern like the GT2 would be ideal. Does this sound right? Any comments?
            Seeing as how i have the cam-only record with the abbott cam and almost have the nitrous record (would've blown it away had the car shifted to 3rd :anger: ) with the abbott cam....I'd say it does alright.
            Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

i always wondered what cam you were running! my goal is to beat my parents vette...:banana:

Comment

not gonna happen if so you give me hope

Comment

Originally posted by eric v6
                  not gonna happen if so you give me hope
                  well, hes running 13.5 cam only, and 12.2 on nos...so if my parents vette runs low 13s i should be able to with a few extra mods...

Comment

Originally posted by Tradition_F
                    well, hes running 13.5 cam only, and 12.2 on nos...so if my parents vette runs low 13s i should be able to with a few extra mods...
                    He has a lot of other things done to his car than just the cam, don't expect to run 13.5's after putting the cam in.

You need suspension, tuning, stall if auto, dr's/skinnys, etc.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                    Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                    http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

yeah, i knew he had other things as well, but with that cam + a 100 shot of nitrous with a 4k stall, what times do you think i could get?

Comment

4k stall huh? that is a bit high for nitrous, I would do no more than a 3500 stall

Comment

Yeah, 4000 is a little loose for nitrous.
                          Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X