Starting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting issues

Since I've had my '96 maro I always have had trouble starting it. It will never start on the first key turn, what I have to do is turn the key to the on position and wait bout 10 seconds after the fuel pump primes before I switch it to start. 99% of the time it will start after doing that key dance twice.

Re: Starting issues

honestly i cant say it's a huge problem. my car does it, my friend's old '98 s10 did it... and ive read around on forums about a few people's car doing it. mine has never gotten any better, or any worse so im not too worried about it. sometimes i turn my key back to off, and then back on to prime it twice if it's set for a few days... which lately my car has set for awhile before getting started again...

Comment

your fuel pump is getting old.. it'll only be a matter of time before it officially craps out.

i had the same problem. got a whole new assembly. problem solved
      96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Well I think I accidentally stumbled over my starting problem and hopefully my erratic idling acceleration. I installed a CAI today and when I went to undo the stock plumbing, it was practically not attached at any point. I literally pulled the whole thing off w/o losening any clamps, etc... The hose to the cleaner box was halfway off. I have started my car over 10 times since discovering this issue and it starts on the first turn of the key and it's actually idling much better.

Comment

on the start 10times, is that in a row, or did you wait quite a few hours between each start? once you start it, starting it soon after is fairly easy and problem free since it's already primed up. j/w, but i hope that was your problem. odd, but hey it'd be great.

Comment

Within a 3 hour period. I was doing other things in between.

Comment

that should be a good enough amount of time to test start it. well, hope you solved your problem.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X