which cam????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which cam????

which cam will make my car sound the best and give it the most hp.. on a 3.4l and not hurt my gas mileage????

1.)Edelbrock 3790
    204/214 .420"/.442" 112°

2.)CompCams
    CompCams Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft
    1993-1995 3.4L V6
    Duration (Intake/Exhaust): 212°/212° @ .050"
    Valve Lift (w/1.5 Rocker): .440"/.440"
    Lobe Sep. Angle: 110°

3.)or custom
    Duration I 212 E 218 Lift I .440 E .454 LSA 110. These specs are with Comp cam lobe specs.

4.)Crane H-272-2
    216/228 .454"/.480" 112°

5.)Lunati
    228/228 .465"/.465" 110°

6.)Comp Cams
    226/236 .463"/.474" 112°

also would these be fine with a stock tune?
    12.50%
    37.50%
    12.50%
    0.00%
    25.00%
    12.50%
    Last edited by black95maro; 03-17-2007, 09:57 AM.

Re: which cam????

also does anyone have a link to the lunati cam i was told about it but i cannot find it?

Comment

A cam is going to hurt your gas milage
      Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

really for a stock 3.4 non of those are agreat option since the intake sucks soooo bad i would get one with a longer intake duration say 230 and exaust around 218 with lsa of 110

Comment

i have the #2 cam package with a gasket set for sale..never used wanna buy it
          <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V8
            i have the #2 cam package with a gasket set for sale..never used wanna buy it

I think im looking for something a little bit more aggressive but just in case ill keep you in mind and how mcuh are you asking for it? also is it just the cam or the whole kit with lifter and timing set and all?
            Last edited by black95maro; 03-18-2007, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by auto666
              really for a stock 3.4 non of those are agreat option since the intake sucks soooo bad i would get one with a longer intake duration say 230 and exaust around 218 with lsa of 110

yea bit wouldnt that make for a really rough idle? i dont want it to rough i just want it meaner sounding I think im leaning toward the lunati but what would its lft be with 1.6 rocker because tahts 1.5 and would that be ok with my stock comp. and heads....also bout how much will it hurt the ol mpg...and one mroe thing how much hp would i expect..
              Last edited by black95maro; 03-18-2007, 11:32 AM.

Comment

it would be a little rougher because of less vac but it would help open up the top end, will keeping most of the bottum

Comment

how much would it run me to have comp or someone grind that for me?

Comment

you'd have to ask them, ask them what they think of that at the same time givin the restiction of the intake. Im not a cam designer off course. i do have a degree in automotive and automotive technoligy though and this is what my experiance and knowledge tell me would be a good cam for the stock motor good luck

Comment

Originally posted by black95maro
                      yea bit wouldnt that make for a really rough idle? i dont want it to rough i just want it meaner sounding
                      My guess is you've never actually sat inside a cammed car, have you? Lope does not effect RPMs....mine lopes like a pissed-off bull, but the RPMs stay steady at about 900. This is because lope is caused by the exhaust valves opening while there is still a bit of combustion going on in the cylinder, not from a rapid change in throttle
                      Last edited by Smoke Panther; 03-18-2007, 12:17 PM.

Comment

auto666 has some great advice, get on the phone with comp cams, run your setup past them, what you are looking for, and they will work with you to create a custom grind.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                          My guess is you've never actually sat inside a cammed car, have you? Lope does not effect RPMs....mine lopes like a pissed-off bull, but the RPMs stay steady at about 900. This is because lope is caused by the exhaust valves opening while there is still a bit of combustion going on in the cylinder, not from a rapid change in throttle

yea ive never got a cahnce to sit in one....i always thought the idle was jumpy guess i learned something new lol

yea i will try calling compcams tomorrow what kind of specs do you guys reccomend for the lift on it???

so far intake duration 230 and exhaust around 218 with lsa of 110 lift ??/??

Comment

Originally posted by black95maro
                            so far intake duration 230 and exhaust around 218 with lsa of 110 lift ??/??
                            you may want to get something a bit more balanced in the duration...your car's gonna have a hard time getting all that air it sucked in, out of the cylinder. Also, generally most people give a little bit more duration to the exhaust side compared to the intake side, or just go with a split cam...that is to say, equal duration on both sides

Comment

im leaning toward either the lunati or the comp which one will give me more power on my stock tune and stock heads and prolly some 1.6 rocker arms?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X