Going to upgrade to the 3400 top end - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to upgrade to the 3400 top end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to upgrade to the 3400 top end

I just got my camaro recently and I saw all this info about doing numerous swaps ans I decided to go with this one. I already have cylinder heads from a 99 Alero 3400(I'm going to rebuild the heads with COmp parts) and I have a TB from a 2002 Alero. I am bidding on upper and lower intake from 03 Alero. I haven't found pistons on ebay yet. My question is this. Will the multi-tec 2 injectors work alright in my car? What else do I need to get still? I know I need all the gaskets yet. But after that how am I looking? Is my stock cam going to work ok? After putting in the ppistons am I ok with stock length pushrods? I assume the crank is still going to work. I know I need a new PROM for the ECM. Anything else you can give me? I'm new to this engine so any literature you can lead me to would be great. BTW I won the cylinder heads for $1.25 and the TB for $1.00!

Re: Going to upgrade to the 3400 top end

theres a good 3.4 sticky...it might have some answers to your questions
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

That sticky tells whether you need rods or not. During the rebuild, i'd go with something really strong, that way you can go fi or nitrous at a later date.

While its all apart, dont skimp.
      Mystic Teal Metallic
      ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

I did read, print and highlight that sticky up there. The questions I asked above weren't very clearly stated. Most of the info was actually about the 3500 upgrade, which I can't really afford. It didn't say anything about the rods or wether or not I need to change the cam. I did find that there are a few more small parts that I need, otherwise I'm still lost. I'm going to get new gaskets, piston rings and new bearings, also going to go with all ARP bolts. Defintely not gonna skimp!

Comment

custom cam grinds can be had, but not sure how much is charged for roller cams. Upgraded pushrods (correct me if i'm wrong) can be had using 327 type sbc rods.....

let's see if this works:

1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by teal94camarov6
            My question is this. Will the multi-tec 2 injectors work alright in my car?
            nope, they run at a different resistance than the stock 3.4 injectors
            Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

Can I use the stock 3.4 pushrods? Connecting rods? Cam? Those are my main questions. For the injectors I'm guessing it would be best to just splurge for some 24lb aftermarket injectors. I plan on running a super later on, will the 24 hold up or do I need more? I know I'll have to upgrade the rest of the fuel system at that point also, but the injectors are controlled by the computer. When I upgrade the heads will 1.6 rockers work ok? Does anyone know the max size springs without milling? Sorry about all the questions, my car knowledge is all external engine! Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X