injectors installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injectors installation

I did a good amount of searching and I noticed that we don't have anything on injector installation.

I have a 2001 camaro and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find information on what injectors I can use (looking for something around 36lb) and how to install them.

I have dug up information that tells me I can't use the Bosch style injectors (is that what GTPs use?).

I have HPTuners and there's already more than enough information out there to tune for the bigger injectors.

How hard is it to get to the injectors compared to a spark plug change?

I'm still looking around - if I find the info I'm looking for, I'll post it here for others.

Re: injectors installation

Pretty much install new O rings on the injectors, "snap" them onto your fuel rail, and bolt the fuel rail down. As far as the correct injectors and wiring harness type, I am not sure, BLLDOG would probably know.

Comment

put some grease around the o-rings as well.

I have no idea what other injectors you can use, information like that is not accessible to technicians. that is strictly aftermarket/modification stuff....not condoned by my people.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

you can look around...alot of the name-brand companies make something that your car can use; basically, any injector LS1's can use, so can your car. Installing them is a breeze...just un-bolt the fuel rail and a few other things ontop of it (coil pack, alternator if you want easier access) and lift.

Comment

Bob, if you need it, I made a write up last summer on how to remove your fuel rail and injectors. If you want it, drop me an email and I will send it to you. :)
          sigpic
          1997 Camaro RS A4
          2006 Chevy Colorado
          2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

i don't think you're gonna find 36lb multec injectors. You're gonna have to switch to bosch. Try this:

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ltec+injectors

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown
              Bob, if you need it, I made a write up last summer on how to remove your fuel rail and injectors. If you want it, drop me an email and I will send it to you. :)
              :banana: that would be awesome.

is it something we can link to or post here for others?
              if its a web hosting issue, i can help with that.

THANKS!:tup:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X