Is It Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Possible?

is it possible to just hollow out the intake plenum on our 3.4s instead of doing a full swap with the 3400 parts?

Re: Is It Possible?

thats your choice, its possible
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

What do you mean hollow out? Do you mean port it out? Yea you can port your intakes and heads, some even have P&P the tb on the 3.4
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i mean actually hollow it out for more air to pass through. In other posts about the 3400 conversion, its said that the plenum was a problem due to how thick it is but how narrow the inside is. I was just wondering if i could use a drill of some sort to allow more flow instead of having to replace the plenum, heads, headers, etc.

Comment

I'd be interested to hear the answer to this question as well.

Comment

let me try to rephrase the question:

"Which is more important? Velocity or CFM?"
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
              let me try to rephrase the question:

"Which is more important? Velocity or CFM?"
              e) all of the above

Comment

Yeah, he's right.....velocity and CFM are both important...if you want a small increase in power and throttle response port your throttle body and then polish it. I've done this to my throttle body utilizing my porting tools that I use for building two-stroke drag race motors...it makes a noticeable increase in power...then add a throttle body spacer...I went 3/4" on mine and I also noticed an increase with that. You can port your stock intake Plenum and it will make a difference but from what I've seen and read it still won't flow as much as the 3400 intake plenum....it would be more of an advantage to you to just go with the different plenum, you'll be glad you did in the end.....

Comment

Hell, I saw a complete 3400 in the junk yard the other day. Parts aren't too hard to find and cheap if you find them in the junkyard.
                  2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X