3.4 to LS1 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 to LS1 swap

I didn't know exactly where to post this so I figured this would work.

I have decided to swap an LS1 into my 1995 Firebird. I love cars, wanting to eventually open up my own Performance shop and I feel this would be a good way and a fun way to test my skills.

Yes I know this will cost at or around about $5,000, I have done MUCH research. Please don't come into this thread and post comments like, mod your V6 or just sell and get a V8 car, I just would like to do this because I love my car and have too much blood and sweat into it. This is my decision.

The purpose of this thread is to see who all has done V6 to V8 swaps and see if they can post links and/or a tutorial of some kind or what they used to aid them in their swap.

Just looking for basic information such as wiring and such.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Travis-tbird-
    1995 Firebird 3.4 V6 M5<br />-Firehawk 17x9 w/275/40/ZR17, flowmaster 80s, high-flow cat<br />*new* BMR lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, WS.6 sway bars, polyurethane bushings.

Re: 3.4 to LS1 swap

CMBlack13 did it ask him about it...

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
    '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
    '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by FireBird_Fr3ak
      CMBlack13 did it ask him about it...
      i looked at his profile and checked out the list of threads he's posted and what not doesn't seem like he did it, but if you say so...

CMBlack13...post up bud. i'd really appreciate it.
      1995 Firebird 3.4 V6 M5<br />-Firehawk 17x9 w/275/40/ZR17, flowmaster 80s, high-flow cat<br />*new* BMR lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, WS.6 sway bars, polyurethane bushings.

Comment

i did this, swapped the whole car for a new one...but that is not what you want. even though I felt the same way, it has proved better this way IMO

GET A DONOR CAR that way you have everything you need to swap EVERYTHING over from. ill post up more later...
        1998 Camaro Z28 M6 lets just say it breathes easy <br />*RedLineVSix*<br /><a href=\"http://www.redlinevsix.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.redlinevsix.com</a><br />1993 Camaro A4 16.67 1/4 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by tbird31
          i looked at his profile and checked out the list of threads he's posted and what not doesn't seem like he did it, but if you say so...

CMBlack13...post up bud. i'd really appreciate it.
          cmblack didnt do a swap, he is done with his camaro for now

Comment

if you search ls1 swap your'll find plently. but i have some links saved, so here you go.

http://www.tacreationsusa.com/

http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/v8swap.htm

http://ls1swap.50megs.com/
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i mean fad2black..i always get the 2 mixed up...Sorry to both of you:o

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
              '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by FireBird_Fr3ak
                i mean fad2black..i always get the 2 mixed up...Sorry to both of you:o
                yea i know fad2black did it, but he's got a 3800. unfortunately i have a 3.4 :(

thanks for the links man! i appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by tbird31
                  yea i know fad2black did it, but he's got a 3800. unfortunately i have a 3.4 :(

thanks for the links man! i appreciate it.
                  it dosnt matter it will be the same process to swap in an LS1

'66 Ford SOLD

Comment

might be a little more trickey from going to no obd2, but maybe not

Comment

i know more people have done this...

Comment

not many...and if so they are all on Ls1 tech.

Comment

or camaroz28.com
                          that would make alot of sense, no?
                          Last edited by slow6; 01-25-2007, 03:48 PM.
                          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

yea i've posted on LS1tech. not on CamaroZ28 though, i honestly just frequent here, LS1tech and the local forum...

Comment

It will be different then my swap since you'll have to change out wireing and other stuff too. I will tell you this though, you're going to spend more then $5000 bud unless you get a great deal on motor/trans combo from an individual or donor car. If you go through a business so you know what you're getting is a good motor/trans you're going to spend more. I wouldn't say an outrageous amount though. Good luck with it, and you'll enjoy it. I heard all the "just buy a v8" and "mod your v6" all too, but was well worth what I did. I kept all the appearance mods done to the body, and added the power. It actually turned out to be about the same amount if I would have sold it, buy a v8, added all the appearance and so on.

BTW, transamcreations is EXCELLENT to work with. Top notch customer service!!!
                              1998 Firebird w/ LS1 & A Few Mods<br /><br />Pictures--&gt;<a href=\"http://www.fad2blk.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fad2blk.smugmug.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X