Maf Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maf Problem

Ok, so I made a custom CAI for my Camaro...The screen has been removed...not by me...Anyway, I have replaced my MAF about 4 times now...It keeps throwing a code, not until about 75 miles or so with the new sensor...my rpms "stick" for a couple seconds and my throttle response is F***e* up a little too. Rarely the car wont start right away. Its still drivable but annoying as hell...If i leave the old MAF on there for awhile the car hesitates real bad about 3500 rpm which led me to believe before that it may be the crank sensor...but its not b/c i replace the sensor and it runs like new...for about a day.

Re: Maf Problem

does your "custom CAI" have a K&N filter? If so, it could be over oiled. Guessing from your SN, you have a 96...their angled TB's need a screen to straighten out the air flow on the MAF. Also, your throttle wire could be sticking or caught on something.

Comment

sticking throttle means carbon build up on the butterfly
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

if its sticking closed its probable any thing else and its probably your linkage
        either way it no biggy just clean you throttle plate and lube your linkage pipe cleaners dipped in fuel injection cleaner work great for the throttle pate try some lite oil or silicone spray for the linkage Edit sorry didnt see anything but the last post but and over oil'd air filter will deff f up you maff
        Last edited by auto666; 01-08-2007, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Well im almost certain that the hesitation "car sort of missing and throwing
          passengers back and forth against the dash at WOT" and throttle response is due to the MAF failing.
          There is and has been some oil in my intake piping..like black
          engine oil...my filter has been oiled from the factory and isn't a k&n...Is my
          PCV valve broken or what?

Comment

can U get a pic of it?
            carbon build up is totally normal, thanks to the EGR
            but oil in the TB is not normal
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

first get a maf screen in there because the anled tb in our cars needs that maf screen or the car does weird things and has fits usually. then after that see if things persist and go from there. You definitely need to put the screen in though.
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I have a straight TB 2k2
                I've been told from several different tuners that I Really need that screen in there! Which will make it more accurate at sensing airflow. Wish I still had it.
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X