carb on a 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb on a 3.8

hey guys i have a extra 3.8 here and we are wanting to buld a old school RAT ROD.. but i dont want the norm SBC in it. so i am using what i got "that's the point of a rat rod use what you have right?" so anyway can i get a carb to work on a 3.8 with the coil setup? i know i will have to make my own intake as all that good stuff but i think i am up for it. i just need to know if i can get the coils to work. i see they get it to work in the ls1's but i sont know about the 3.8's any help would be cool guys

Re: carb on a 3.8

ive been wondering the same thing... but i dont actually want to do it... it would be neat though. less computer hassle. more old school tuning talent.

Comment

dis can be used for carb, sense all the sensors are there. fun part will be fabbing a custom intake to fit the lower manifold. Just about any 60* v6 tranny will bolt up.
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

so i dont have to use the computer or anything like that? what do i have to do to get it to work?

thanks

Comment

crank sensor will send signal to fire plugs. I don't have the haynes around......fudger is hiding somewhere right now, to look at the schematics, but spark is easy, fuel delivery will be your biggest issue.... if running a stick.
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

what about a carb on a 3.4? i hate fuel injection

Comment

snag an intake from an s10 or jeep. I think they might be tbi intakes, or get the lower intake & either 2bb or 4bb from edelcrotch. I think there are still a few fageol superchargers out there floating around.

edit: just wondered about advancing/retarding timing........ gotta think more about that.......
              Last edited by 3.4 slow to go; 01-12-2007, 11:42 AM.
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go
                crank sensor will send signal to fire plugs. I don't have the haynes around......fudger is hiding somewhere right now, to look at the schematics, but spark is easy, fuel delivery will be your biggest issue.... if running a stick.
                I've got my Haynes right here. Watcha need?

Btw slow to go where in Ohio are ya?
                Last edited by Ahmadi6490; 01-12-2007, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Doesn't edelbrock make a intake for the 3.8's? I believe it's calle dthe victor 6 it was just used on that project camaro in the magazine. You could pick the up and a flange for the carb you need then.
                  Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                    Doesn't edelbrock make a intake for the 3.8's? I believe it's calle dthe victor 6 it was just used on that project camaro in the magazine. You could pick the up and a flange for the carb you need then.
                    they make a 4bbl intake for the old 80's rwd 3.8 buick, won't work on a 3800II
                    Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

advancing/retarding timing this is what i need to know/ find a way to work this out!!!

also this is on a auto trans, i dont know if i can still use the computer, but just take off the fuel inj stuff. so the computer will work with all the other stuff such as the trans/ timing/ and others. i

just want to but a 6-71 blower on this motor with a carb because i dont know how i would get the fuel inj to work. i do have my brother tig welding the lower intake up to the lower 6-71 intake.

any help would be grate guys

DEREK
                      Last edited by bigblock10; 02-21-2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

:cry:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X