4.2L stroker Custom grind cam question - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.2L stroker Custom grind cam question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2L stroker Custom grind cam question

Looking for high RPM power, peaking around 6500rpm on a 4.2L stroker. I want to retain enough vacuum for the brakes to work right etc... I came up with these numbers and the desktop dyno says 390+HP@6500rpm and 356tq@5000rpm :) Does this sound okay? Is 20 degrees valve overlap too much? Here's what I came up with...

245/255* Duration
    .555/.555 @ 1.6:1 rocker ratio
    115 LSA
    115 Intake Centerline

Would this be overcamming a 4.2L stroker? I think for 300+ rwhp maybe higher RPM cam/valvetrain might be the trick as long as the heads can flow enough for the setup.
    Last edited by JohnnyC; 01-07-2007, 04:22 AM.
    \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Re: 4.2L stroker Custom grind cam question

Originally posted by JohnnyC
    Looking for high RPM power, peaking around 6500rpm on a 4.2L stroker. I want to retain enough vacuum for the brakes to work right etc... I came up with these numbers and the desktop dyno says 390+HP@6500rpm and 356tq@5000rpm :) Does this sound okay? Is 20 degrees valve overlap too much? Here's what I came up with...

245/255* Duration
    .555/.555 @ 1.6:1 rocker ratio
    115 LSA
    115 Intake Centerline

Would this be overcamming a 4.2L stroker? I think for 300+ rwhp maybe higher RPM cam/valvetrain might be the trick as long as the heads can flow enough for the setup.

I e-mailed Sam over at COME RACING about the cam using with the 4.2l stroker and this is what I got:

There are many possible cam choices. Over here we would use a grind
    anywhere from 220 degrees @.050" to 230 degrees @.050" for the intake lobe.

Choices will also vary with transmission type, rear end ratio and the
    true final use of the car (street only, street but mainly strip use etc.)

Heres the e-mail address: come@comeracing.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X