It ****ing Runs!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It ****ing Runs!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this is a useless post I am so stoked!!!!!!!!!!
    Storyline: 3.8 99 camaro got a really bad knock - 2001 3.8 with 40k miles used for swap
    after the swap the car was glitching out lights were flickering the car wouldnt turn over. I am so happy I spent 2 hours cleaning and double checking all connections and nothing. Ends up a battery post was corroded and barely making contact. SOMETHING SO SIMPLE!!! After that the first start cranked over twice and sputtered/ran rough for ~3 seconds then timing got set and fuel supply got steady. I was scared at first because a lifter was making a lot of noise but my dad said it was normal for a motor that had been drained and sitting for a while to do that. Sure enough 3 minutes later no noise at all. The clutch didn't work but we bled the system and it engages fine and goes into gear easier then it ever did!

Mobil 1 clean 5000 motor oil
    castrol dexron III for the T-5
    Supertech dot3 for the clutch (Cheapest of the cheapest :D)

Re: It ****ing Runs!!!!!!!!

congrats, the first start up is always nerve wrecking.

Comment

as a sidenote, the SES light is no longer on with the new motor :tup: :cool: :banana:

Comment

Congrats, I'm glad to hear you got her up and running.

Comment

just kidding, on topic, it sucks getting down to the wire. I remember thinking when finishing up udlose's cam and head swap that maybe we did something wrong, etc. Putting so much work into the car working for like 14 hours straight and what if it didn't start? but our only problem of not starting was from the stupid *** dis4 packs installed but not running anything. duh. congrats!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X