fuel injector frenzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel injector frenzy

ok...this is more of a poll but...what fuel injetors do u use and did u take out the uper intake...i didn't and i used injectors from a 96 oldsmobile lss 3.8...if and one know what the flow rating is on those id apriciate that to

Re: fuel injector frenzy

I run LS1 injectors (26.3#)....Didn't have to take the upper intake off

EDIT: I also have a cam that was maxing out the old ones
    Last edited by Smoke Panther; 12-24-2006, 10:01 PM.

Comment

if you dont have forced induction or Nitrous, uping your fuel injectors is a waste of time.

not to mention you need to have the pcm tuned for the size of injector you are using...otherwise you will run rich...and yes even running rich will eventually lead to KR

Comment

not sure if you have a 3.8 or 3.4, but i did a quick search on the lss, and i found a pic of the upper intake which is indentical to the 3.8 Grand Prix GT's which is identical to the 3.8 camaro. so if you have a 3.8 camaro, you didn't upgrade whatsoever

Comment

he's talkin about the injectors, not the intake

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
            I run LS1 injectors (26.3#)....Didn't have to take the upper intake off

EDIT: I also have a cam that was maxing out the old ones
            hmmm? that must be one big *** cam then.

Comment

210/220 .512/.512 112 LSA

I believed my stock injectors were being maxed out because I have HPTuners logs of my injector duty and first hand experience from the track. From the HPTuners log, injector duty was hovering around 107% and then right around 5500 it went up to 120%.... injector pulse rates were 20.4ish and at that same point it went to 24 and even hit 30. Whenever I ran at the track, at around 5500-5600, the car would fall on it's face for a split second, in every gear. If that's not an uber-lean condition, i don't know what is

Comment

hmmm. thats interesting, i really wasnt aware that a cam alone could max out injectors, but i suppose it makes sense, longer intake cycle = more air = more air to ignite

Comment

well its not the cam...anything over 160 hp on the 3.4 is over load...now this is about injectors...not cams...just today the car wouldn't start unless i held the ignition on...and it idles around 900rpm is that bad...and the exaust smells like strait a$$...i'm thinking a set of msd coils and delco rapidfires should get the remainder of the fuel burning

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2
                    well its not the cam...anything over 160 hp on the 3.4 is over load...now this is about injectors...not cams...just today the car wouldn't start unless i held the ignition on...and it idles around 900rpm is that bad...and the exaust smells like strait a$$...i'm thinking a set of msd coils and delco rapidfires should get the remainder of the fuel burning
                    well, that's what happens when you don't state the problem in the original post...you just asked for what type of injectors people were running, and we answered. As for replacing your stock equipmend with MSD stuff, don't. Search around the site, stock has proven to be the best

Comment

Stock 19 lb rating
                      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X