Help please! WTF is going on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please! WTF is going on

Alright 3 times(that i can remember) in the last week, when i go out to start my car it starts up fine but has a slight miss sound and a very noticeable ticking sound to it. it does this for a couple minutes(maybe 2 or 3 minutes) then runs fine. well today it ran fine all day and then i went in to the store and when i came out to leave it did it again but a little more noticeable and i noticed that my oil pressure was down a bit from its normal position. what could this be? again it only does it every once in a while and when it does its only for a minute or two then quits. any help is MUCH appreciated

Re: Help please! WTF is going on

3.4 or 3.8? sounds like a lifter.....
    Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

sound clip?

Comment

Originally posted by wolf
        3.4 or 3.8? sounds like a lifter.....

his name is 99orangecamaro. what engine do you think it has?

:spank:

Comment

like i say....it doesnt do it all the time but ill see if i can get a sound clip of it

Comment

http://media.putfile.com/ticking i think this should work
            Last edited by 99orangecamaro; 11-17-2006, 12:15 PM.

Comment

im at work, i will listen to it as soon as i get home.

Comment

alright cool i appreciate any help. btw the file takes a few to load

Comment

sounds like it could be lifter tick.

Have you messed with the exhaust? or EGR? lately?

If it is lifter tick, you could try some Auto Tranny Fluid or GUNK motor flush

also a possibility is injector tick... but I've never heard an injector tick I dont think, I doubt it
                  2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

What does it sound like when you rev it a little? Does it go away, or does the tick just get louder as well? If I'm not mistaken, it does sound like a lifter, though I can't be quite sure because I've only heard a similar sound like that on my friends f-body and that is what it turned out being.

I hope you figure it out and the best of luck with fixing it.

Comment

good question!
                      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i would say 99.9% sure you have a lifter ticking, easy fix.

Comment

when the engine is revved while it is ticking the sound gets louder. after the car gets warmed up then the sound goes away. if its a lifter then im not gonna worry about it changin em til i get my heads and cam. i think its a lifter sticking which could explain the slight miss at very first start up every once in a while

Comment

you said when it does it your oil pressure is down you could have a oil pressure relief valve sticking that would keep lifters from getting enough oil and ticking id try trany fluid, marvell mystery oil, or motor flush of some kind before id do anything else.

Comment

It's a Lifter tick mine does the same thing when its first started then goes away I have never done any thing with it cause it runs fine.
                              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/profile/ohagen383\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/profile/ohagen383</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                                Low Voltage
                                by Vladimir Gecko
                                I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                                2 hours ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                5 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X