L32 bottom end swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L32 bottom end swap?

Would a bottom end out of an L32 bolt up to the camaros trans?, or bolt up to the car in general?

Re: L32 bottom end swap?

Since the L32 is the 3.4... yes. I think you mean the LC2 GN/GNX motor then I have no idea. :p
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

L32 is also a 3.8

there are 2 diff. L32's

One for SC, one 3.4

I mean the 3.8

Comment

and also let me re-phrase my question, what is THE BEST SSSTTTTOOOOCCCKKKK bottom end availabe for boost, I heard L26, but I dont know how these will bolt up to the 4L60E. Or the the heads front cover, everything.

Comment

I thought the SC 3.8 was the L36?
          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

nope, L67 and L32

we have the L36

Comment

D'oh.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner
                D'oh.
                ha, its alright.

Comment

Are you looking to just buy a complete shortblock and not mess with building one up I take it? Cuz you can just go with l32 rods and then get a nice set of coated pistons to go with them and you will be sitting nicely. I myself bought a set of l32 rods for my motor build. I found a bare block and crank from a buick car that originally was a l67 engine. I am collecting the pieces for that as I go.
                  http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                    and also let me re-phrase my question, what is THE BEST SSSTTTTOOOOCCCKKKK bottom end availabe for boost, I heard L26, but I dont know how these will bolt up to the 4L60E. Or the the heads front cover, everything.
                    I know the upper part of the L26 is the same. I'm putting L26 Heads on my car right now.
                    1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

Just to straighten this out for those of you that are confused....
                      L67 - Series 2 3.8L Supercharged found on 97.5+ Regal GS, 97-03 GTP, 04-05 Impala/MC.
                      L32 - Series 3 3.8L Supercharged found on 04-05 GTP, 06 GT.
                      L36 - Series 2 3.8L na
                      L26 - Series 3 3.8L na

Dan, Ill take the heads if you go with the longblock:)

Comment

Wow, never thought about my heads not swapping to the a Series 3.

Comment

Originally posted by ChronoGN
                          I know the upper part of the L26 is the same. I'm putting L26 Heads on my car right now.
                          Do the L26 heads flow better than the L36 heads?

Thanks Kindly,

Ed D - "Beestly"
                          I've got dreams bigger than my wallet can handle. :work:

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                            Are you looking to just buy a complete shortblock and not mess with building one up I take it? Cuz you can just go with l32 rods and then get a nice set of coated pistons to go with them and you will be sitting nicely. I myself bought a set of l32 rods for my motor build. I found a bare block and crank from a buick car that originally was a l67 engine. I am collecting the pieces for that as I go.
                            And yes, one of my thoughts is to take a stock L32 and swap, but now I dont think the heads will swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Beestly
                              Do the L26 heads flow better than the L36 heads?

Thanks Kindly,

Ed D - "Beestly"
                              I dunno, I just got it because I didnt want to rebuild my heads. (My old heads leak oil so, Im guessing bad valve seals)
                              1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X