Need info on plastic elbows connected to the tension pully mount. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need info on plastic elbows connected to the tension pully mount.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on plastic elbows connected to the tension pully mount.

Well the new (to me) engine is here and I have begun to move parts over. One of the problems with the new engine are the pullies. They have a little rust on them from sitting out but no biggy, I'll take them off and clean them up. Took off one pully with the impact gun, cleaned her up and put it back on. Went to take off the tension pully and she would not move. Brought out the breaker bar and SNAP went the bolt for the pully. GRRRRR, no biggy I have another one on the old engine. I soon notice that taking off the arm could be trouble with the big spring in there so I decided to replace the whole assembly. While taking it off I had no trouble but notice that the plastic elbows looked crack/chipped on the ends. What is name/part number for these elbows and what is the proper way to install them? They looked to be almost glued. If so what kind of glue should be used?

Thanks

Here are some pics to help.....

Whole assembly

Re: Need info on plastic elbows connected to the tension pully mount.

a set of 2 plastic elbows is like $4 at autozone
    sorry I dont know if that answered your question, i will read it later ;)
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Yeah they look cheap but I think there is some kind of sealer/glue that should go on it. I just cant see only the o-rings holding back all that water/coolent. My haynes book says nothing about those elbows so I'm just not sure.

Comment

Anyone else know about glue?

Comment

they really shouldnt have glue on them unless the previous owner did it
          make sure you get all the old pieces out
          they are real easy to replace
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Thanks slow6. I found the part at autozone and as you said they were just a few bucks. It seems as thought the ends may have melted inside so I bought a couple tools to remove them with out damaging the metal. I think some of the plastic may have dropped into the water pump. i'm going to take the WP off and check just incase. Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X