Whats a good way to break bolts loose behind the motor? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a good way to break bolts loose behind the motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a good way to break bolts loose behind the motor?

I'm doing a head gasket replacement and this is where I am stuck at. I pretty much got everything off except for the Lower Intake Manifolds, heads, and passenger side valve cover. I just can't get the bolts behind the motor loose since I can't fit my breaker bar back there. I'm talking about the ignition module bracket, and motor lifting mount thing thats blocking one of the valve cover bolts. Anybody have any good tips or tricks?
    1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Re: Whats a good way to break bolts loose behind the motor?

A wrench. Bout the only thing that will fit back there. Use a wrench, and a LOT of muscle.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Oh man, you are at teh best part, I hope you have taken off the negine removal bracket on the pass side in the back, if not, OOOHHHH MAN!!!! get some racheting wrenched and plan on an hour or two.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
        Oh man, you are at teh best part, I hope you have taken off the negine removal bracket on the pass side in the back, if not, OOOHHHH MAN!!!! get some racheting wrenched and plan on an hour or two.
        Yes, thats exactly where I am at right now. Today, I tried doing it again with a wrench and I put a big socket over the wrench and extension on the end of it for torque and it still wont come loose. So, I put bunch of WD 40 on it and I'm gonna try it again tommorow.
        1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

I can explain what a pain in the *** this is I FINALLY got it after hours using a rachetign wrench, if you havent guess already, DO NOT RE-INSTALL THIS.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X