missfire code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missfire code

Ok talked about this in general tech for a bit but didnt seem to solve the problem. here it is: i was driving down the road and my SES ligh start blinking on and off then it quit, about 10 minutes later it came back both times around 70mph but this time it stayed on and it wasnt blinking. felt a major loss in power and it doesnt accelerate quite as fast as it used to. got it scanned, "multiple cylinder missfire code" not sure exactly what all that couldve meant so here is what ive done. changed my old spark plug wires, checked the coil pack and took the wires off that everything seemed to be sparking pretty bright except for one but it still sparked pretty good. checked my plugs which were just replaced about 3 months back they still looked in good working condition. any ideas? and if it is the coil pack, would one cylender make that much of a difference. (also a minor note, ever sense this happened when i start the car and its been awhile sense i have. it makes kinda like a rattle sound underneath the car...almost sounds like it is comming from my exhaust) thanks for your help and time.

Re: missfire code

new information: was just out on the road at 5am getting some food and all of a sudden the SES light turned off... but when i floor it there still isnt any power and my top speed. MAX was 65 70 down slight slope, but the light is off. anyway i guess ill have to take it to the dealership cuz i have no clue whats going on here

Comment

take it to autozone to get it scanned, they do it free
      or bring it by my house, i do it free, plus free tuning
      What the hell are you doing out at 5am? hmmm? ;)
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i work on my car at night, and if u happen to have lived in Texas near me id gladly let u help me work on it ;-) but if you read above i stated that i got it scanned and all they could tell me was "multiple cylinder missfire" ive changed the wires, spark plugs look good, but there was a tiny bit of oil residue on the thread but it didnt seem to critical, and the coil packs were all sparking off good. anything else i cant check cuz it would be internal and i dont know that much about my car yet to take it apart lol. the hoses seemed fine but i couldve over looked something...anyway those fkers at autozone just work there they dont know anything about the car so they couldnt have given me any good advice even though i asked. the peeps at the dealership are going to take **** apart and check **** out ranging between 40-80 dollars depending on how much they need to look at. what the guy said anyway.

Comment

well i see that u do live in Texas, unfortunately its a big state haha. anywhere near the Houston area? im about 40 minutes north of houston id be willing to pay for your help if need be. id much rather have someone besides a dealership or some randon shop techy work on it.

Comment

Misfire codes can also be triggered by lack of fuel. If you are getting the multiple random misfire code you may want to change your fuel filter, and if you still have the problem check your fuel pressure.
            <br />RIP<br />1995 Chevrolet Camaro<br />3.4L V6 A4<br />Flowmaster 40 Series<br />K&N FIPK<br />Throttle Body Coolant Bypass<br />180 Degree Thermostat<br />3.42 Ring Gear<br />Steel One Piece Driveshaft<br />IAT Relocation<br />and a website <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/jason_b298\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/jason_b298</a><br />New Ride 2000 S-10<br />4.3L V6 VIN W<br />auto <br />3.42 w/ LSD<br />more coming soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X