ok...fun swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok...fun swap

ok heres the plan...the 3.4 is a little small for my taste and the 3.8...well i had a car with one...no fun...so i want to swap a 4.3 from a blazer or astro van or any other chevy in 95...the t5 trany should bolt up and the mounts should only need slight modification but with the disributor it opens up posibilities such as a full MSD Blaster ignition and a computer would be needed so a special configured computer would become an option an with a 96+ year engine obd2 becomes easier to install...any thoughts would be appriciated to work out the bugs before i go and blow all my cash

Re: ok...fun swap

may as well go all out and put in a V8, after i finish this auto tech **** im planning on rebuilding this chevy truck engine. should fit in its not to big 350 or something like that...? if ur still doing this in a few months ill be able to help u more. havnt got to the electronic part of the class yet lol. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2
      ok heres the plan...the 3.4 is a little small for my taste and the 3.8...well i had a car with one...no fun...so i want to swap a 4.3 from a blazer or astro van or any other chevy in 95...the t5 trany should bolt up and the mounts should only need slight modification but with the disributor it opens up posibilities such as a full MSD Blaster ignition and a computer would be needed so a special configured computer would become an option an with a 96+ year engine obd2 becomes easier to install...any thoughts would be appriciated to work out the bugs before i go and blow all my cash
      on a 4th gen, you will need a v8 front cross member,v8-90*v6 adapters for the motor mounts( there is a place or 2 to get those at) you will also need the bellhousing from a v8 3rd gen (a 88 up v8 t-5 would probably be better geared for the 4.3 than the 3.4 t-5)
      a 96+ 4.3 would be the way to go(the one that the tb points up, has a lower intake manifold and a flat distributer cap that would fit under the 4th gen cowl)
      you defanitly want to add a bigger cam and some tuning to the 4.3, or you will end up with less power than a 3800II (175-190 hp on a 4.3) the 4.3 dose have good heads and a large displacement.......
      Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

See, this is what doesn't make sense to me.

For exactly the same amount of effort (and cost) and the same components (mounts, bellhousing, etc...) you could be dropping in an older small block chevy. The mount locations are exactly the same, the bellhousing is the same.

You add a crank fired ignition system and a holly throttle body and your off to the races with 2 more cylinders, and a heck of a lot more power than the 4.3.

I think that you should think about this a bit more.
        Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I love the 4.3. have been working on the marine version (both OMC and Mercruiser) in my boat and father-in-laws boats for many, many years. Even worked on the old 3.8 90 degree Chevy V6s (in both cars and boats). It's a workhorse and is extremely dependable and durable.
          Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

whats the standard tranny on a older 350?
            how much hp does a older 350 have? I forgot
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Depends on what year and car removed from.

A 350 pulled from an 86 Z28 would run about 230 HP.

A rebuilt stroker 383 small block (300 HP) is quoted at $3800.00 (CDN$$$) at a parts store in my area.

Comment

ok heres the thing weight if ppl can f*cksquize 300rwhp out of a 3.4 imagine what could be done with a 4.3 and the front suspention would be able to be stock eccept the mounts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X