P&P heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P&P heads

just wondering, would port and polished heads yeild a decent performance gain? i know the numbers can differ depending how well the job was done, but im just kind of looking for an average number, thanks
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Re: P&P heads

i think the average is like 20-30 hp depending on your other mods, for example adding heads to an engine with an aggressive cam would yeild a bigger increase
    K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

Re: P&amp;P heads

yea, if you are going to do p&p heads, do the cam as well. Depending on the cam, P&P work, etc. You could see 40-50 hp. Tuned of course.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
        yea, if you are going to do p&p heads, do the cam as well. Depending on the cam, P&P work, etc. You could see 40-50 hp. Tuned of course.
        would a cam kill my driveability? i drive my car everywhere and i cant sacrifice alot of my reliability. i was planning on doing lifters/rockers/pushrods/valve springs and retainers, as well as maybe P&P the heads. im looking for a good gain (like 15-20hp) from the first list, then if i had money left get the heads done.
        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

lifters, pushrods and valve springs = 0 HP

however, they are all parts necessary with a cam, there is no point in installing all those parts without a cam, complete overkill. You can get a very mild cam and retain streetability, I am running a stage 3 turbo cam, WITHOUT the turbo.......Actually I am running my entire mod list untuned right now, and it drives great. They only part I have tuned is the fuel injectors,,,as I am waiting for the turbo install for the full dyno tune.

Regardless, yes you can keep the car completely streetable with a cam.

Comment

it depends on who does the p&p heads and how good of a job they do.
            the stock heads have the best intake-to-exhaust ratio
            who is gonna p&p it, you?
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X