Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: find the weak link (mod list)

Originally posted by stuffy236
    do you have a link to this? Ive never heard of it but thats definatly something interesting...
    viper should be doing this link, lol...... www.ftpp.net

ALSO...as far as tranny's are concerned I need one that requires no changes to driveshaft length or corss member. Does anyone have a link to a specific tranny?

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
      viper should be doing this link, lol...... www.ftpp.net

ALSO...as far as tranny's are concerned I need one that requires no changes to driveshaft length or corss member. Does anyone have a link to a specific tranny?
      best bett is to rebiuld the one you have in there now
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

any links to parts I could build it up with?

Comment

any links to parts I could build it up with?
          www.rosslertrans.com
          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

thanks as always.

Comment

Definitely tranny cooler.
              Probably at least beef up the tranny to v8 specs (more clutch discs, etc.)

Intercooler or meth injection depending on how much boost you run, and the intake air temps you start seeing.

More fuel pump.
              Fuel pressure gauge.
              \'98 A4 Camaro v6-&gt;v8 conversion, and STS kit next<br />v6: 13.6 Powerdyne, 13.2 150 shot, 13.8 120 shot, 14.3 85 shot, 15.7 stock<br />v8(na): 12.18@113, 392rwhp<br />Moderator on <a href=\"http://www.mtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.mtfba.org</a> and <a href=\"http://www.frrax.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.frrax.com</a> (Road Race & Autocross)<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/johnduncan10\" target=\"_blank\">Car pics</a>, <a href=\"http://www.trscca.com\" target=\"_blank\">TN Region SCCA</a>

Comment

alright, like I said it will be DD so I dont plan on having to do too much to the tranny and the rear end.
                Careful. To have a good daily driven car, I think this is the wrong approach.
                I believe a DD 10 sec car would cost much more than a track only 10 sec car.

To have a 500 HP daily driven 3.8 you would need to get an L67 to start with, then I would do the trans and rear end for sure or it will leave you stuck somewhere, sometime.
                1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro
                  Careful. To have a good daily driven car, I think this is the wrong approach.
                  I believe a DD 10 sec car would cost much more than a track only 10 sec car.

To have a 500 HP daily driven 3.8 you would need to get an L67 to start with, then I would do the trans and rear end for sure or it will leave you stuck somewhere, sometime.
                  my car was fine just have a **** bag back up car so you can do more to the camaro.......... when my car is up and running its going to be my DD again unless i have somthing to hual in the truck
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

ok, I am terrible at making a mod list

I do have a walbro pump and FP gauge, I didnt list my gauges (boost and A/F also)

I already have an intercooler for the system as well

Like I said, I will not drive this car at 500hp daily, I only plan on cranking up the boost to 15 psi or so for a run or two on the dyno, I dont want to push it too much, like I also said before, one or 2 500+ runs on the dyno and I am good to go, I plan on running a daily 400-425 HP.

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af
                      my car was fine just have a **** bag back up car so you can do more to the camaro.......... when my car is up and running its going to be my DD again unless i have somthing to hual in the truck
                      Your car wasn't fine, you broke the transmission and probably the rear end.
                      Its on a better rod/piston combo as well.
                      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

either way tho I do plan on beefin up the trans a bit, as well a a new diff cover in the rear.

Comment

either way tho I do plan on beefin up the trans a bit, as well a a new diff cover in the rear.
                          Good call.
                          I have recently seen a lot of cars of people I know that tried to skimp on things, that only came back to bite them in the ***.... hard.
                          They always cost twice as much to fix later than if you replace them with better parts before they break.
                          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro
                            Your car wasn't fine, you broke the transmission and probably the rear end.
                            Its on a better rod/piston combo as well.
                            i broke both at the track and every one breaks the M5 and he has a auto witch is better for the rear....
                            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

viper. you think that rossler trans you are running would be overkill for me, or what about their stage one?

Comment

viper. you think that rossler trans you are running would be overkill for me, or what about their stage one?
                                call Carl and tell him your goals, hes a really nice guy, i told him i wanted a trans that i could DD and run 10.5's, and it last... and handle a trans brake if i wanted to upgrade..... the is what he sent me he terminator 3 tranny with a few other upgrades
                                www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                                  Low Voltage
                                  by Vladimir Gecko
                                  I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                                  2 hours ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  5 days ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X