cam question for rice cooker...i think... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cam question for rice cooker...i think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tom is a great guy and i told him exactly what im doing with my car and he was like comp cams is the best route 4 me. the specs are 220intake 224 exhaust .500 lift .114 ls with .020 milled he said its gonna be nasty lol [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] plus the machine shop guy is adding a few goodies oh i cant wait 4 this to be back together.

Comment

How are you getting a 220/224 .500/.500 cam from COMP Cams? I don't see those lobe profiles listed
      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

quote from an email i got from tom.

"Of course, we can get substantially more horsepower, around 280 with a custom CompCams piece running 220/224 at the same lift. While we are using this bigger grind for another customer, we have no idea if/how the GM3800 computer will handle this, but with its wider lobe separation, we think it won't cause major problems, especailly if used with the MAF trans+."

So Tom is infact making this, so im not sure why its not on the site... *shrug* god i want that cam, its so next on the list of big things to do, lol.

Comment

sorry keith i dont know why its not on the site but thats the cam tom picked out for me. he was saying that milling the heads to get close to 10:0.1 compression would be a decent hrsp increase as well. we shall see

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:
            My SES light has been on so long it I would be lonely without it.

When my SES light goes off, then I worry.
            <hr></blockquote>

Mine when off friday was at the shop getting codes read on saturday morning. Only thing they said was same as always o2
            I am not CRAZY just temporarily disturbed.

Comment

L36 Lobe Specs
              206°/212° at .050"
              Intake Lift .320" (.512" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
              Exhaust Lift .325" (.520" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
              113 Lobe Separation

Thats the only one compcamps makes for our car unless you special order it how you want it from them... Thrasher's is a compcamps grind specially done for them so I hear.
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Hey how do i get a hold of tom i need to ask a few questions
                My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

yeah card tom is "special" ordering it from comp

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X