engine replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine replace

when the 3.4L dies out i wanna either try and rebuild it, replace it with the same kind of engine, or replace it with something with a little more power. my question is...what would do me better? its my daily driver and i wanna keep economy (gas mileage pretty much) in mind. and before you even think about posting it...no 4-cylinder jokes lol! i know every engine has it querks i just wanna get the best for my money. what do firebird formulas have? or any other specialty engines or setups that would be worth the money and time? or should i just stick to the stock and just fix it up as best as i can? just looking for opinions...i haven't got any clue what to do as far as something like this goes so i wanted a more experienced opinion. thanks for any help!
    1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

If you want to rebuild your engine i would recomend reading this first
    http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399894
    It will allow you to keep your 6 with the good mpg
    and raise your hp some.
    Other thatn that if you want to change it to something bigger i would get the LT1 V8 (rated 275 hp) unless you got good funds then get the LS1 V8 (rated 325 hp)

Comment

Yea I've heard as good as 18mpg city for the LS1 motor. As long as you dont romp on it and mash the gas from light to light it does every bit as well as the 6.

hell in my 3.8 running it moderatly hard through an entire tank I got about 17mpg.

Just goes to show you how you drive makes a big differance in gas milage...not just displacement itself.
      3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

Comment

Originally posted by glen:
        Other thatn that if you want to change it to something bigger i would get the LT1 V8 (rated 275 hp) unless you got good funds then get the LS1 V8 (rated 325 hp)
        LT1s were rated at 275 for the first couple years, but 285 after '95 I believe. LS1's on the other hand are underrated at 310 (more for the SS, and Firehawk) but we all know an LS1 is an LS1 is an LS1, which should be anywhere from 320 up to 340ish
        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X