Dyno trouble - won't rev above 4500! (updated) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dyno trouble - won't rev above 4500! (updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blacksport:
    Would you rather there be no knock sensors and you crack a piston or the computer pull out timing?

Its my freind [img]smile.gif[/img]
    what i'm trying to say is you should tune the car so you dont see any KR at all.... that way if there is some its a small amount every now and then

KR is not your friend
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

We're just thinking in two different ways.

Ya, its bad to have knock and have you engine kick timing back. I was just saying the KR system on engines is good insurance.

"good technology"
      2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

Ok, another update.

Got under the car yesterday, since my ABS INOP was still on from the dyno and hadn't cleared after battery disconnects and other stuff.

Turns out that when the car was strapped to the dyno, the Apex guys looped one of the rear straps over the ABS sensor cable that goes from the diff to the car body. The pull on the wires tore them out of the harness connector at the car body.

Got one of my EE friends to repair the harness for me. A couple beers is a lot cheaper than the $90(!) that the dealer listed for a new cable. Plugged it back in and the ABS INOP went off immediately.

So it looks like I might have been hitting the park/neutral rev limiter on the dyno. With no speed info from the rear wheels and the front wheels parked, this might have been it. Not sure how the V6 M5 PCM reads P/N, but the speed sensors might be it.

Which is kinda dumb, which means I can rev the car in neutral all I want as long as the car is coasting down the street.. Thinking again, this is a good thing, as you may want to rev above 4500 to match revs while downshifting.. But why the ABS sensors vs the VSS?
        Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
        Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

the p/n is read from the clutch....... the speed for your dash is read from the tranny

clutch pushed is is P/N and clutch out is in gear
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X