Heads,Cam,Intake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads,Cam,Intake question

Sure, at 38K miles its just broken in good.
    Heads
    Stage 2: $975 plus refundable $120 core
    Stage 3: $1300 plus refundable $120 core
    Ported upper and lower intake set: $550 plus $100 refundable core
    Cam: $425

We offer these as PowerPaks to include the heads, intakes, and cam:
    Stage 2: $1900 plus refundable $200 core
    Stage 3: 2200 plus refundable $200 core

We also have forged pistons for the GM3800 series 2 L36 for $675 which includes rings, pins, and lox at 9.4:1 compression ratio.

worth it?
    i asked about a group purchase if anyone else is interested,

i was thinkin about the powerpak either 2 or 3 depends on cash flow, but is it worth it and do i need to do any other mods for these?

i have a 2001 3.8 V6 38k miles

how much power do you think itl make?

$425 for a cam is buttrape by any means.

Porting intake manifolds is really easy to do.

Heads are harder, and probably worth the money.
    I would just get the heads, then port match the lower intake to it, then match the upper intake to the lower. By a cam from comp cams for about $300 and pop it in. :D
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

http://www.abbottracingheads.com/gm3800.html

Ported Upper / Lower Manifolds: $300

Ported Cylinder Heads, Stainless Valves, Flow Benching: $1500

Custom Ground Camshaft: $300 (the price it should be)

Plus the have lifters, pushrods, gaskets sets, and everything else you will likely need. You won't need forged pistons for a naturally aspirated motor with no nitrous.
      1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.9L<br /><br /> - TSP Dyno Tuned<br /> - Bored 0.040<br /> - ARP Rod Bolts / Head Studs<br /> - Custom CAI<br /> - Pacesetter Ceramic Headers / !Cat<br /> - 3\" Catback w/SLP Firehawk Muffler<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/649312\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/649312</a>

Comment

SSM does great work, but don't get the whole powerpak. Just get the heads and go elsewhere for other parts.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

anyone intrested in a group purchase he said if we get 6+ well get the stage 3 for the price of stage 2

Comment

if i had the $$

Comment

anyone intrested its a killer deal

Comment

I havent seen any cars with results to back up SSM parts yet.

I'd go with Abbott if I were you.

www.abbottracingheads.com
                2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

Originally posted by blacksport:

I don't agree with that at all. Abbott is great, but don't go saying SSM is no good because the few people that have used their stuff haven't gotten amazing track times.

I ran a stock suspension to a 14.5 @ 96 untuned with the clutch spinning for a 2.2 60' at a 2100' density altitude on stock 3.23s. That's pretty damn impressive to me.

For that matter, your time isn't that amazing either, but I'm not gonna blame Abbott.
                  Matt
                  1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                  Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

14.5 is impressive for a 98 3.8 w/ 3.23 (unstock tho)

SSM has gotten good times. maybe not their customers ....

[ November 07, 2005, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: ezrollin ]

Comment

Originally posted by ezrollin:
                      stock suspension dont matter cause your 3.23s (no trac probs)
                      Apparently you lack experience in the subject.
                      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by blacksport:

www.abbottracingheads.com
                        Magnus ran the times.
                        Its only a matter of the right person, with the right car buying them.
                        I have not seen any proof that either company does better work.
                        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I'll let you know when I get all done.

I got the SSM heads and manifolds and a pretty big cam, working on the tune now(HPTuner & WBO2). Cam not from SSM, btw.

I know for a fact I need a stall and that's going to limit the ET improvements.

Won't matter for the dyno though. Will get that towards the end of the month.
                          01 Camaro A4 Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ezrollin:
                            stock suspension dont matter cause your 3.23s (no trac probs)
                            Apparently you lack experience in the subject. </font>[/QUOTE]Exactly. I can spin 'em with 3.08s in the cold.

Comment

In regards to the cam head intake question....i posted nearly half a year ago regarding a research project im doing on head work in comparison with all the aftermarket porters that work our heads. I am nearing completion as I have not had a lot of time to work on it. I will post it as soon as i finish it.....It addresses flow comparison, efficiency, valve size and velocity. Also I have built in a bit of cam application as well. It will be a useful tool. Any questions let me know
                              SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X