aftermarket heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket heads

Did some research on heads and only came up with two choices.Is super-six and thrasher our only choices for aftermarket heads, besides local guys doing the P&P, 3 angle, etc?

Intense also sells some.

I personally feel that none of the ported/polished heads are worth anything on a normally aspirated 3800-II. If they we're worth anything, it would only amount to a few horsepower. The heads we have flow VERY well stock for the displacement we have.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
      Intense also sells some.

I personally feel that none of the ported/polished heads are worth anything on a normally aspirated 3800-II. If they we're worth anything, it would only amount to a few horsepower. The heads we have flow VERY well stock for the displacement we have.
      <hr></blockquote>

I remember someone posting about a 50hp gain without any computer tuning on the SSM heads.
      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

that might have been 50 HP w/ a cam and heads. I like Intense's Stage 3 heads. they're Ported and Polished, as well as larger valves put in w/ high lift valve springs and titanium retainers. www.intense-racing.com.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

Supersix will also put larger valves in for you... Tom@Supersix is also great to work with.

www.supersixmotorsports.com
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Looked at the sites and intense was $2,000, ouch. I keep coming back to FI for the solution to my problem. I feel the need, the need for speed.

Comment

yea, the heads are $2000, and batman/mach/ati kit might be $5000. the heads need to be matched to a good cam to make a lot of power. maybe after u do that, more sc or turbo kits will be out, and prices will go down.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X