UPDATE: look at what some jackass through down my motor and i found lodged in a valve - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: look at what some jackass through down my motor and i found lodged in a valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: look at what some jackass through down my motor and i found lodged in a valve

i went to turn my motor over the other day by hand and it turned 4 yimes each way then stopped. so i checked it out and told my buddy that it seems that one of the valves wasnt closing all the way. well my other friend came over and was like just take the valve cover off. I took the cover off and the second to the last spring was like almost an inch below the rest, i took the head off and i turned it over and there was a 3-4" bolt lodged between one of the valves and the bottom of the head,
    some jackass through a bolt down in my motor either when the upper intake was off or when the headers werent on, good thing i checked by hand and not tried and started it

[ May 29, 2003: Message edited by: SLOWBRAEATER ]</p>
    Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

You might want to pull the valve covers and test the stuck valve theory. I would think you could see or feel the lifters moving, maybe a retainer came loose or something and a valve is hanging down.
    I have made a lot of money in my life, most of which I spent on cars and women.<p>The rest I have blown.

Comment

is it an auto or manaul?

Comment

I'd still pull that head and check the valve seat.
        Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

I did pull the head, how do you think i found the bolt stuck between the valve and the bottom of the head [img]smile.gif[/img] the valve seat is ok now
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Man that was a good catch on your part. Could have turned into a major self hate thing going on if you hadn't. By the way who did your work!

Comment

What year car and what kind of fuel pressure are you running?

Comment

a place called rhodes performance did my motor work, supersix did the heads/intakes. it wasnt anyone at the machine shop, some a-hole did it to see my car messed up. my car is a 96 and for now im running stock fuel pressure, i have to get autotap and see if i have to turn down the pressure since i have 26lb injectors and a walbro pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X