rebuild questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuild questions

My wife gave me the go ahead to rebuild my engine , but I really don't know what to do. I'm running about 7lbs of boost and trying to get up to about 9 to 10lbs of boost. I know I want to get the vs cam from zz performance so I won't set any ses lights(I hope). I want to order the Ross pistons but don't know which ones flat top or domed and would L67 rods be better to use than L36 rods. Also should I do the rocker arm/pushrod package from slp and get valve springs, valve spring ret.,and lifters.I not getting anything ported or polished either. I really need help in deciding what is needed and what is not. I trying to make the most horsepower without setting off any ses lights and without having to do any custom tuning. Any suggestions?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

if u r using a centrifugal SC, then u want a NA type cam, cuz that type of SC makes it's boost up high, and none down low. A cam w/ the same intake/exhaust specs would be good, and 112-113 LS. lift will depend on what lifters u wanna use, and how much total lift u want. I'd say dished pistons, because of how efficiently they allow burn to occur. keep them about the same compression, or maybe drop down to 9.0:1 so u can up the boost later. L67 rods would be good for peace of mind while running under boost. while ur at it, have the pistons overbored slightly. for other valvetrain components, check out www.intense-racing.com. oh, and somebody down in Intake/exhaust was able to run a big cam w/o setting off any lights. He did this by putting resistors between the knock sensors and the wire leading to the computer/ignition.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

ported and polished aluminum heads will get you some better flow, and a lightened/strengthened crankshaft

everything else you listed is is also what im planning to do when i rebuild

i plan to find a L36 with low miles if my engine is in really bad shape which i dont think it is.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Swift_3800_F-Body:
        ported and polished aluminum heads will get you some better flow, and a lightened/strengthened crankshaft
        <hr></blockquote>

Aluminum heads don't exist for these engines.

I don't know the details of what your blower is capable of, but if you were to rebuild with forged pistons 9.0:1 , L67 cranks, rods, a good cam, you should be able to run 12+psi, assuming your fueling and timing advance is ok. There are lots of guys running 12+psi on the L67 with an eaton that spits out much hotter air than yours.

Also realize, a good cam and other mods, will lower your boost. That is NOT a bad thing, it just means your engine is more efficient.

DEE

[ June 05, 2003: Message edited by: DEE97GTP ]</p>
        1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X