Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible project need your opinions

hello
    i have not posted in awhile as im working on my ls1 z28. the old 3.8 almost went up for sale. but i got to thinking last night about a possible project. i need your guys know how to see if this could work money aside. could the dohc 4.2 i6 that is in the trailblazer fit into a camaro. if so will this engine work with a manuel transmission. thanks
    99 pewter m5 camaro<br />97 silver a4 c5<br />92 black rose m6 corvette<br />96 red a4 gtp<br />96 dcm callaway implala

I have a trailblazer.I doubt it would fit. It is very tall and very long. The trailblazer uses the 4L60E, but a different housing from the Fbody versions. Why do you want to go with it? I would rather have a blown 3.8L. I not even going to go into the computer stuff in order to run that motor. Remember it has a form of Vtec, so that makes things alot more complex.

For the money you would be spending, you could fit a L67 in there and make ALOT more power than that 4.2L.

DEE
    1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

i wanted to put a i6 in there with a turbo f/i setup. just for something new. i already have fast cars [img]smile.gif[/img]
      99 pewter m5 camaro<br />97 silver a4 c5<br />92 black rose m6 corvette<br />96 red a4 gtp<br />96 dcm callaway implala

Comment

just sell your 3.8 and save up for a built MTI engine or something like that. I read somewhere that the 422 n/a put the car into the 9's or 10's I think it was, I don't remember. Although the 422 is pretty expensive, around 20 grand I think or about 20 grand. You could probably find it somewhere for cheaper if you can find it somewhere for cheaper.

Or you could turn your Camaro into a show car with all that money, two tone vynal seats, t.v.'s, dvd player, total custom system in the back, and some proper rims. Just some ideas that you many have not thought of, I think making your Z like a showcar would be a lot funner than doing stuff to your 3.8. I know if I had one that's what I would do.
        1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X