Good News For 3.4L Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News For 3.4L Owners

i just e-mailed tom at super six motorsports last night this is the e-mail i got back today

Matt,
    Thanks for the interest in Super Six Motorsports.
    I'm sure we could port the intakes and heads and have a cam reground for the 3.4. You know we have not done so at this point. This means the first time is always a learning experience and can take some additional time on our part doing some basic research, testing, etc.
    Anyway, cost would be the same as what we'd normally charge for the GM3800 system, $1495 plus refundable $250 core exchange fee.
    Tom Yentzer
    www.supersixmotorsports.com

I encourage someone to do that

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

If I had the money I would be all over it like I would be on Britney Spears.
      1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

If I had the cash I would do that too. But I'm moving soon, and college is breaking my wallet. I think I'll have to stick to exhaust right now. But maybe in a year or so. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
        Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

Was there any word on how many RWHP gain could be seen from it? my bro has a 3.4 firebird, TRYING to sell, but i could probably coax him into lettin my 'buy' it on extended loan, that would be a great project.
          2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

I just e-mailed them on the subject and they told me the same thing. I would like to do this, but I would rather buy one piece at a time.

Josh-
            \'94 Camaro A4<br />Mods: K&N Conical, Dynomax Muffler, Dynomax 2.5\" I-Pipe, Jetchip Stage II, 180 Stat, RKSport Underdrive Pullies, Fan Relay Switch, Rapidfire Plugs, Bosch O2s, Goodyear GA, Aluminum Driveshaft, Alpine CD... <p>And also: Ported and Polished Plenum, Ported and Polished Intake Manifold, Ported and Polished Heads, 5 angle valve job, Raised Compreshion, Tranny Cooler, 19lb injectors, no new times yet.<p>\'95 Dodge Stealth M5<br />stock as a rock...

Comment

damn, if I had that money, I would get the gm 3.4 crate motor
              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
              94 comero 3.4

Comment

Why pay more than you have to?

Find a local porter for the heads, they charge 4-600 bucks for a good job. Call crane, get a cam that's actually big. Bada bing, bada boom.
                1995 Custom turbocharged 3.4L Camaro<br />- Custom Garrett T3 turbo, .48/.63 A/R<br />- 30lb/hr bosch style injectors<br />- Aeromotive AFPR<br />- MSD 43 gph Inline Fuel Pump<br />- Custom Controlled ECM<br />- Just the beginning........<br />-<b>And the end:(</b> Turbo is gone.

Comment

I have talked to a local porter, but he does almost nothing but V8s. Tom seems to know what he's doing and when it comes to internals, I wouldn't take my chances.

Josh-
                  \'94 Camaro A4<br />Mods: K&N Conical, Dynomax Muffler, Dynomax 2.5\" I-Pipe, Jetchip Stage II, 180 Stat, RKSport Underdrive Pullies, Fan Relay Switch, Rapidfire Plugs, Bosch O2s, Goodyear GA, Aluminum Driveshaft, Alpine CD... <p>And also: Ported and Polished Plenum, Ported and Polished Intake Manifold, Ported and Polished Heads, 5 angle valve job, Raised Compreshion, Tranny Cooler, 19lb injectors, no new times yet.<p>\'95 Dodge Stealth M5<br />stock as a rock...

Comment

When i emailed tom a while back on this subject he was guessing in the neighborhood of 50-75 hp depending on computer tuning.

btw, why would you want the gmpp crate motor? I believe it is hardly an improvement from what we got and i think it is specifically for S-10's with an automatic tranny.
                    Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by V6Turbo:
                      Why pay more than you have to?

Find a local porter for the heads, they charge 4-600 bucks for a good job. Call crane, get a cam that's actually big. Bada bing, bada boom.
                      <hr></blockquote>

Tom@Supersix charges around $400 for porting heads. He would do a better job than any local porter also because he has experience on our heads which a local porter would not have.
                      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

gonna try to do that this summer o and by the way the super six stuff is great from what i hear and the cam would be bumpier than a crane cam! :D

Comment

it is the second thing on my list first is spare engine to rebuild which i found and getting soon ;)
                          1998 Jet Black Trans-am M6 T-tops<br />\"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find: knock and it shall be opened unto you:-Matthew 7:7<br />Old car<br /><a href=\"http://matthew27529.tripod.com/getsome\" target=\"_blank\">http://matthew27529.tripod.com/getsome</a><br />NEW CAR<br /><a href=\"http://garnerebel.tripod.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://garnerebel.tripod.com/</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X