Would this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this work?

Does anyone know if you can swap the 2.8 from an 82 for a Pontiac 400? I have been dedicated to keeping the 2.8, but I would also like my Pontiac to be ALL Pontiac. I don't know if it would fit, or what mods may need to be made, or even if there is a kit-any ideas/suggestions?

i'm pretty sure it'll fit. i was gonna do that with an 84. not sure about what you'd have to do as far as wiring and such, but if your engine now is carb, then it should be a pretty easy swap
    you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

This conversion can/has been done. Check out this info:

Pontiac engine swap

If the bonnie gets totalled before the birds new(used/rebuilt) motor gets put in, I will do this swap.
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

I've actually helped install a Chevrolet 400 (not a Pontiac 400) in a 3rd Gen... it can be done! (82 is third gen right?)

A pontiac 400 would be better and it would definetly run like a bat outta hell - thats one mean engine. I do recommend putting some stiffer springs in the front because otherwise the handling characteristics are going to be all outofwhack. The reason I know is because I've seen it first hand, I was small though [img]smile.gif[/img]

I dont have many details, I just know it can be done...
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X