Higher-compressio Pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher-compressio Pistons

K' folks, just posting a new topic to get my question at the top. Is making more power as simple as dropping in a set of higher than 9.6:1 pistons? Excluding the switch to 91 / 93 gas, would any other things likely be needed? or should the cam, then the rest of the supersix package come before pistons.

And Big Green Bird, get that turbo kit goin'.
    -Rob [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Alright, chill out [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm patiently waiting for Steve to finish up his finals so he can have adequate time to remove it from his baby, package it up all nice, and ship it here. BTW, if you've going to get a turbo, higher compression pistons aren't recommended, in fact, it would be better if you lower the compression.

Comment

you're better off doing the top end (heads and cam) first and then doing the pistons. Or, if you're patient, save up your money and do it all at one time.
      GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

Comment

depending on how much boost you want to run, dont raise compression. more compression=less boost you can safely run without detonation. Of course you have the engine efficiency, octane rating of fuel, intercooling system, and other minor details to contend with.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Higher compression is not a power adder to speak of. Gains are minimal. What it does is improve efficency, and make a large cam smoother.
          1995 Custom turbocharged 3.4L Camaro<br />- Custom Garrett T3 turbo, .48/.63 A/R<br />- 30lb/hr bosch style injectors<br />- Aeromotive AFPR<br />- MSD 43 gph Inline Fuel Pump<br />- Custom Controlled ECM<br />- Just the beginning........<br />-<b>And the end:(</b> Turbo is gone.

Comment

hey v6turbo can you still have a strut tower brace on your car with the turbo? I am going to later put a vortech ss and cooler on, and want to know if i can get the strut tower brace.
            1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X