Forged Pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forged Pistons

Does anyone know where i can get forged pistons for a 97 3.8 firebird at a reasonable price???
    97 3.8L Burgundy Firebird<br />==Homemade RamAir<br />==K&N Air Filter<br />==removed air silencer<br />==removed MAF screen<br />==180* thermostat<br />==80 series Flowmaster w/3\"polished tailpipes<br />==I painted the calipers(yellow)<br />==5% limo tint all around<br />==firechicken hood decal<br />==blackouts(LUNDZ) on taillights <br />==10 DISC Sony CD changer<br />Future Mods*** L36 Stage 1 package<br />(which includes ported heads, ported manifolds,& crankshaft)<p>My last name is Ramirez RAMairEZ

define: reasonable.

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
    Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
    West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

You can get the forged GTP Piston assemblies from a GTP.

But like Russel said: "Define Reasonable"
      <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Keep in mind if you get GTP pistons you lower your compression.

If you want forged, try looking up "forged pistons" or race piston on google.

Ross makes nice ones, but they dont come cheap.
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

http://www.hotrodders.com/directory/...ods_and_rings/
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

http://www.totalseal.com/totalseal3.html
            this is damn cool too.
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

Here's my plan guys......I am thinking about
              buying the L36 stage 1 package (which includes
              ported heads, ported manifolds, crankshaft for
              $1,500 from http://www.supersixmotorsports.com
              Which will give me 75 horsepower. I only have
              intake and exhaust right now for performance.
              So, once i get this package I will need to buy
              forged pistons in order for me to add Nitrous
              so the engine won't detonate. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
              My main goal is to boost my car up to 400 Hp w/
              nitro. If you guys have any opinions please reply.
              When i meant reasonable, I meant cheap(not a out of this world price)...
              Sorry for the confusin guys.

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: RAMairEZ ]

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: RAMairEZ ]</p>
              97 3.8L Burgundy Firebird<br />==Homemade RamAir<br />==K&N Air Filter<br />==removed air silencer<br />==removed MAF screen<br />==180* thermostat<br />==80 series Flowmaster w/3\"polished tailpipes<br />==I painted the calipers(yellow)<br />==5% limo tint all around<br />==firechicken hood decal<br />==blackouts(LUNDZ) on taillights <br />==10 DISC Sony CD changer<br />Future Mods*** L36 Stage 1 package<br />(which includes ported heads, ported manifolds,& crankshaft)<p>My last name is Ramirez RAMairEZ

Comment

+75hp huh? Did you search the board for supersix? Contact Ricecooker/Magnus about the package, they only saw +30 at the rear wheels (which is very respectible).

Custom pistons, you're looking at $3600 for a full set alone. Go buy a v8.
                2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

75 HP is at the flywheel....RWHP is much less
                  Just check out the site--Cool information

Comment

I would love to keep my V6 and burn a V8 out of the blue sky.....just to check out there reaction
                    when i smoke the heck out of them
                    Where did u see that price $3600 Cardinal?

Comment

Well, stock fuel injectors can handle a maximum of 260hp (gross hp), past that you need more fuel injection or a wet kit.

Ross Pistons are $450-$600/piston, you need six, max cost of $3600 or thereabouts - a lot of $.

200bhp engine w/ 16% drivetrain loss = 168rwhp
                      240bhp engine w/ 16% drivetrain loss = 201rwhp
                      275bhp engine w/ 16% drivetrain loss = 230rwhp

Ricecooker had 200rwhp (wow), but thats only +40hp at the crank, not +75.
                      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

That's too much money for pistons..So, they lied
                        on the site about the HP. It's a good thing u have a buddy who has that package. Do u think
                        the engine can stand the compression without
                        the forged pistons if i had a NOS wet kit and
                        the L36 package, Cardinal?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheCardinal:

Ross Pistons are $450-$600/piston, you need six, max cost of $3600 or thereabouts - a lot of $.

<hr></blockquote>

Ummm ...... thats for a set (450-600) JE pistons are under a 100 bux each custom.... dont know whose trying to rip you off.

Comment

First off, the 275 bhp is after computer tuning and including the right bolt-on mods (cai, headers, strait-pipe, 3"cat-back, etc). So you'll need about $500 for a computer tuning from superchips. So don't think you'll get 75hp by bolting on a few parts. It take a bit more than that. But even the gain that you do get w/ just bolting them on is respectable. On top of that, get a 50 or 75shot wet kit, so you don't put extra strain on the injectors. The stock internals should be able to take that.

Second, don't get GTP internals, b/c that's for forced induction and you don't need to lower your compression if you're gonna just run n2o

Third, I don't know where you got your prices from Card, but that's just WAY TOO MUCH for forged internals. You shouldn't have to pay more than around $1000 for 6 full piston assemblies. Go to a local engine shop,talk to them about wanting to get forged internals, and they can get it for you. You may have to supply an actual piston assembly for them to copy.

Lastly, I'm not jumping on you RAMirEZ (btw, welcome to the board), but nitro is not the same thing as nitrous. I see these two used interchagibly everywhere. Nitrous is what many people use to go faster (NOS [img]smile.gif[/img] ) Nitro is nitromethane, which is used as fuel for Top Fuel Drasters. That info was free [img]smile.gif[/img]
                            GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

Comment

forged pistons from Wiseco. about $80 a piece. custom made you have to send them one of your pistons

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X