Need L36 Pushrod Info (Advanced Tech) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need L36 Pushrod Info (Advanced Tech)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need L36 Pushrod Info (Advanced Tech)

Ahh.. another good topic for an advanced tech section. ;)

Anybody know the stock pushrod length. I'm going to need .020" longer pushrods to maintain proper geometry. Also, anyone know where I would be able to order these custom .020" longer pushrods?

Chromoly would be nice due to the excess lift and stiffer valve springs.

Thanks.
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

i think we need to tell stefan to make an advanced tech section. i think you should get a solid roller cam made and spin it to 7G's also. well i'll do some searching in the helms when i get a chance hopefully tonight. otherwise remind me cause i'm a forgetful bastard.
    i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

oh yeah and i know MTI custom makes chromemoly pushrods for one of their cams so you may want to check with them.
      i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

We don't need an advanced tech section... we need a Magnus-tech section :D

j/k :D

I'll try to find the specs on the pushrods, I haven't seen that spec listed anywhere. You'd think thrasher/SSM would know!
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

lol. [img]smile.gif[/img]

SSM does not have pushrods or a test block to play with.

Thrasher might know, I haven't called them and asked.

Royce might have this info. He went through the longer pushrod thing. I wonder where he got his from? I'd like to know.

Pushrods will cost another $100. :( Just for dang rods man. *sigh* lol.

- Keith
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Hey Magnus, have you ever thought of starting up your own V6 performance shop? I'm sure you'd do tons of business and become a very rich man :D And I could help you out and become rich too!
            [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] wavey guy thinks entrepreneurship is good!
            ---<br />-\'95 3.4L M5 Camaro

Comment

sorry man no mention of pushrod length in the helms.

Comment

well i guess you should let everyone know the stock length is 7.033"

Comment

What are you doing, milling the heads for more compression? Might also be able to just shim the rockers a bit. Also need the diameter of the pushrods too FYI.

Get another set of heads and we'll have Toph explain how to port them and do them over the winter.
                  98 Pontiac Formula<br />10.3@136 | 1.58 | 3450 Raceweight

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. As far as where to get them, my mechanic got them from a local machine shop. It cost me $40 for my set and they're chromoly. He has all sorts of lengths on hand. Let me try to get some info on the machine shop
                    GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

Comment

so when you get the ssm package you need different size pushrods? why wont stock work? sheesh what all do you have to do when you get the powerpack? i seen it would be a good idea to get new timing chain, different pushrods, what all do you need? do you have to get forged internals? what all needs forged and would you be able to use nitrous with the powerpack w/o getting forged internals?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X