Is this the intake spacer people are looking for. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the intake spacer people are looking for.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the intake spacer people are looking for.

http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/pro...ake_insert.htm

It says they gained 9 hp from this. Looks interesting
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

... 30 hp gain at the top end... wtf.. i dunno.. most people are taking about the TB spacer.. this is something new.. interesting part.. has anyone does this on and f-body?? or is it a FWD 3.8 kinda thing??

~Billy

Comment

that won't work on our cars..

And for the record, I am not a supporter of ZZP. I tried to give zoomer a chance, but after a recent ordeal with another one of our board members, I decided to say screw it..

Thumbs down to ZZP..
      Thumbs up to INTENSE!!!

That's my oppinion, for what it's worth.
      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

hmm bummer.. thats a pretty cool part.. I taked to zoomer, this part will NOT work on our cars.. only l36 with the plastic intake.. so.. ohhh well..

Anywhoo.. whats your problem with zzp keith? i know he may not be great, but i have talked to both him and intense.. and honestly.. i feal the exact opposite about intense..

let me expalne my opinion:
        zzp is constantly finding and deleoping new products for our cars one by one to fit the needs of the people by testing and listing to the community.. and i found zoomer quite plesent.. and i think he has a true desire to start helping out us f-body folk as well as expand w-body gear..

intense however make nothing for out cars besides a few valve train parts that jsut happen to fit.. they were rude to me the one time I was talking to them.. and i dont think they have any interest in helping out our community..

I do however wish zoomer would sponsor the board.. it would show a little bit more commitment to us and the development of new gear.. but i guess right now w-bodys is his focus..

anyway.. later

~Billy

[ June 02, 2003: Message edited by: AllTheGoodNamesAreGone ]</p>

Comment

I seriously considered making these back when I was making the TB spacers. Since the Fbodies have an intake manifold that is compressed for clearance, I would think there would be some nice gains. But it would be interesting to see how much room there is for one of these.

I didn't go any further due to the fact I didn't have a car to experiment on and didn't know how well it would work. I came very close to buying a fbody intake, but didn't win the ebay auction. Never pursued it after that.

But these will not fit as the FWD intake is different. Would be interesting to see though.

DEE
          1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

come on Dee.. what ever happend to the old Dee.. the Dee that made TB spacers.. and dreamed of developing the coolest intake manifold spacer ever made.. i miss the old Dee.. too bad she is gone... forver.. never to return.. no Dee's TB spacers makes baby jesus cry you know..

[img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

anyway.. i allways liked your spacers.. i am kinda pissed that i missed out on those..

~Billy

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:
              that won't work on our cars..

And for the record, I am not a supporter of ZZP. I tried to give zoomer a chance, but after a recent ordeal with another one of our board members, I decided to say screw it..

Thumbs down to ZZP..
              Thumbs up to INTENSE!!!

That's my oppinion, for what it's worth.
              <hr></blockquote>

I was told that not one knows more about the series II engines then they do.

:cool:

Comment

Dee,

What would you need....I have a lower intake just sittin here. I also want you to start making the TB Spacers again.
                <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

yeah i agree with bill and speedy-v6-camaro..

start making the spacers again..

~Billy
                  (yes i know what i just did, got get some support even if i need to be real sneeky.. i dont think dee will notice that i am the same person as before)

Comment

why dont you support zzp?
                    Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

I dunno.. I admired dee's work for a while i guess.. that and that intake manifold spacer sounds cool..

~Billy

Comment

I'm not going to go into detail. I'm not into vendor bashing.. I'm just voicing my oppinion in it's most simple form. that's all.
                        Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreGone:
                          too bad she is gone... forver.. never to return.. ~Billy<hr></blockquote>

DEE is short for Deidrick, and MANS name!!!
                          [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]

No spacer fo yu!

DEE
                          1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

lolol.. dam.. I was soo close! lol..

ohh well. thats what i get for beaing smart *** ..

seriouly "Deidrick" you shuld think about giving that upper intake spacer a try.. i would be interested in TB spacers as well..

magnus,
                            "I'm just voicing my oppinion in it's most simple form. that's all."
                            thats cool, I would just be interested in your experence.. simply cause I repect you and your opinion.. if you feal like it you can email it to me.. i dont want to do buisness with someone that has done someting wrong or has a bad rep..

thanks all,
                            ~Billy

Comment

Billy, if you've had good experienes with ZZP, then that's a good thing.. I'm really not big into talking about other people behind their back.

If things are going good... then don't worry.. just be careful and always look at the big picture and do the research.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X