Looking for an aftermarket in-tank fuel pump - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for an aftermarket in-tank fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an aftermarket in-tank fuel pump

I just want to know what people are running for fuel pumps. I will need a good one since I will be spray a wet shot and eventually running a turbo.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Walbro 255lph is pretty much the standard.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Like these?
      http://www.jdsperformance.com/index....tem&inmake=all

Comment

Yup. Anything made for an LS1/LT1 will work for us as well.
        Matt
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Cool, thx.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
            NOPE!

The LT1's actually had a low pressure fuel system, and there is another 255 pump for them. The LS1 high pressure pump however will work on all the 3.8's and similar high pressure systems...not sure which the 3.4 is though, hopefully that helps though!
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Originally posted by OneQuickV6:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
              NOPE!

The LT1's actually had a low pressure fuel system, and there is another 255 pump for them. The LS1 high pressure pump however will work on all the 3.8's and similar high pressure systems...not sure which the 3.4 is though, hopefully that helps though!
              </font>[/QUOTE]Does the LS1 pump work for the LT1s, then? Because everywhere I've seen it, like at that site, shows all 4th gen years as the same pump.
              Matt

Comment

On that link I posted, it lists two different pumps. One of the pumps is listed as 'high pressure'.

On a side note, I don't have the 3.4L anymore.

Comment

If it's for the 96 car Jerriko, you'll want the high-pressure one [img]smile.gif[/img]

And unless an LT1 has an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, or some other controller, the high pressure pump from the LS1 and 3.8L cars will not work.

Most sites don't list any difference...but deep down, they all really want to and are just afraid (that or the web designer or whoever updates the page hasn't been informed).
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I have the walbro 255 high pressure one and it works fine. It's supposed to flow more fuel at higher fuel pressures. So if your going FI and running a FMU it will work great.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I just installed the holley 255 on my 3.4 and it works great pretty easy installation. Bought it from Josh at ftpp

Comment

The walbro 255 or HP will work fine on on a stock car.

Just don't put on anything that has a lower flow and/or pressure rating and your ok.
                        1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X