Leaking front cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking front cover

So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover gasket and new crank bolt, just need more oil and coolant and should be set.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

I think I’m going to try the GM coolant tabs first to see if it stops the leaking, it’s a small leak. I hate to use a additive but low on funds.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It's not coming from the weep hole of the water pump?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
        It's not coming from the weep hole of the water pump?
        I doubt it, it’s only 4 years old. I’ll check it out though. Installed a new ACDelco right before the turbo kit went on.

Comment

Got the tablets in Thursday, did 3 of them. Was having trouble with getting my temp up at idle, only would go to 179 degrees then fans would kick on. So hooked up Hptuners and turned the fans off . Got to around 195 degrees so my 180 thermostat opened. Will do this a few days then check for leaks.

Comment

Got the temp up to 210 a couple of times, cleaned my drip pan. Going to keep an eye on it this week. Hopefully it’s stopped leaking. Starting to warm up so might take it out for a spin.

Comment

So far so good, no coolant on the pan, had a small oil leak too, so tried some STP high mileage with stop leak. So far it’s not leaking.

Comment

Still no coolant leaking, smaller oil leak give it another week then I’ll add more. If I can get the cars off the driveway I’ll take it out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  4 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X