oil pan bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pan bolts

so this 3800 series 2 build has been long in the making. started about two years ago , taking it slow and also teaching my 8yrold how to disassemble and rebuild a motor. finally finishing it up, went to bolt the oil pan on and somehow im missing 2 oil pan bolts. cant find them anywhere in my garage. i had put each set of bolts in a marked container, but misplaced these 2 lousy bolts. Does anyone on here have 2 oil pan bolts they'd be willing to ship to me ? obviously id pay the shipping charges and a reasonable amount for the bolts through paypal

I’m going to U Pull it on December 9th , if I can grab 2 bolts off one of the 3 Camaros I will . Going to look at miscellaneous vehicles and see what they have. They have a 97’ , 98’ and 99’ I believe, just pay shipping. I’m looking at misc. bolts and screws and interior panels. Are the pan bolts 10mm or 13mm I forget?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

1/4"x20 - 0.85" GM p/n 11610052, 24502791, 24508626
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

The oil pan bolts should be a 3/8” socket, can someone confirm this? I’m not crawling under mine.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got my parts at U pick it, my friend didn’t show up but still got some parts. Didn’t hear from you OP and didn’t want to crawl under them in rocks and glass especially with my bad knee and arm. My friend would of though.

Comment

https://youtu.be/tvsAaDOFnT4?si=047iED6jRSY76F1z

Hope this video helps. I had a leak on mine when I first bought it. It got replaced under warranty. But my rear main seal drips after driving.

Comment

He lost 2 oil pan bolts Edgar, was going to pick some up for him. If someone wouldn’t have smashed the back glass off the Camaros probably would’ve have grabbed a couple. That glass was everywhere.

Comment

Whoa, is this your camaros rear glass that got smashed?

Those bolts probably went into the k membrane.

Comment

No the OP was asking if anyone had 2 bolts for the oil pan, he’s been building his engine. I went to U pick it, and the 2 Camaros they had someone smashed the back glass out of them. Had glass everywhere on the ground so couldn’t get the 2 oil pan bolts for him.

Comment

Sorry for taking so long to get back, been a hectic couple of weeks. Anyway somebody from one of my Facebook 3800 groups sent me the two bolts I was missing. Thanks so much for looking out

Comment

No problem , glad you got some.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        4 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X