Thinking about getting the gt2 cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about getting the gt2 cam

I have a 3.8 camaro with 98k well maintained. I want a gt2 cam and all the proper supporting mods.

So my question is, would I be able to install a gt2 cam and all the proper supporting mods, without decreasing my engines life span? Atleast not decrease it to much?

I would get a more mild cam if that's what it took for reliability. I just want some more power

Re: Thinking about getting the gt2 cam

If everything is installed properly and you replace parts with the right quality parts you shouldn't have any problems. I cammed mine in 2002 and never had problems, I just chose to add some later on that I should of done when I first installed it. I would get at least 105lb springs , retainers , locks, valve seals (guides), new timing chain, tensioner, and get all the gasket. Might as well get alm. lower gaskets and the metal hose part for the lim and tensioner as well.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Re: Thinking about getting the gt2 cam

I will definitely look into all of that
      Thanks
      Last edited by Autumn02v6Camaro; 08-06-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X