Obnoxious Ticking on Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obnoxious Ticking on Startup

Hey all, I know its been a while since I've been on the forum but school has swallowed me up the past few months. Anyway recently I have been getting what I believe is Lifter tick on startup. It has happend in the past but nowhere near what it is now. I have had on occasion, especially in the winter some ticking that I think was attributed to oil being low or needing to be changed, and it only last a startup or two. Now, everyday for the past week its been ticking obnoxiously for about 5-10 mins and finally subsides after some driving. Once the engine gets cold again, the same thing happens. Do you think one of my lifters is toast or I have a bent rod? My oil was low and I refilled it but still getting the ticking. Please help.

Seafoam the car, and change the oil. If it persists through that, I'd get concerned, but try that first before

Comment

Re: Obnoxious Ticking on Startup

Ive heard about seafoaming but naturally im pretty skeptical about what goes into my oil tank. I read a writeup on LS1tech to only let it run its course for about 100-200 miles then change the oil. Anybody have a positive experience? I'm hoping EVERYONE lol. If it ends up that its not just buildup this may be my chance to go for the cam.

Comment

That's what I meant. I put seafoam in like a day before my oil change.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X