crank scraper and windage tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crank scraper and windage tray

Has anyone here purchased/made a crankshaft scraper and an aftermarket windage tray to control the oil coming off of their crank?

Apparently this is a big way to free up horsepower since everytime the oil splashes back up and makes contact with the crankshaft weights, the resistance is similar to that of you trying to run in water versus on land.

I want to explore this further; I know you can knife edge the crank, but my engine is assembled already.

As of right now I don't know of any aftermarket oil pans for us either.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: crank scraper and windage tray

The stock 3800 oil pan gaskets do have a sort of windage tray in them. Its not as good as a crank scraper but its better than nothing I guess.

If your not doing NHRA stock eliminator theres better ways to pick up power.

Comment

Re: crank scraper and windage tray

there are always easier ways to get power through things like sc/tc/n20, the trick to being fast is leaving no stone unturned and robbing back the hp that has been robbed from you... then you can go on to the easy stuff.

I know we have somewhat of a windage tray from factory, but something tells me it's not the greatest.

I want something better or I want to know how ours can be modified to be better and I want a scraper.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X