Were to buy 1.9 ratio rockers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were to buy 1.9 ratio rockers?

I am changing the head gasket in my 02 firebird and have been reading about the rocker swap, but I can only find them at 1 place that has a $100 core. Anybody know were to buy these at?

Re: Were to buy 1.9 ratio rockers?

Well the $100 core usually means you pay the $100 for the core fee, they ship you the modified rockers and then you ship them your used rockers and get the $100 refunded.

Comment

I know what a core is I'm just don't like losing $100 for how ever long it takes to get new ones and ship old ones. So they just mod the rockers?

Comment

You could go Yella Tera rockers from Intense or do ZZP rockers.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          You could go Yella Tera rockers from Intense or do ZZP rockers.
          Gains are not worth the cost. Save your money for a cam.
          sigpic

Comment

i'm selling 1.8/1.85 split ratio made from zzp. i was gonna use them but couldn't decided how to install the split ratio rockers in a turbo application lol.
            i've got the modified pedestals and and reusable bolts. zzp did testing with split ratio rockers vs the same, and found good gains. not on these specifically though. oh and i don't need a core :) haha e-mail me sirspraysalot@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
              Gains are not worth the cost. Save your money for a cam.
              Ok I got the heads off have to replace head gasket. The car is completely stock. what mod could I do to get the best bang for the buck? With changing the rockers with a stock motor you see what 10 to maybe 25 hp?

Sorry for the late replys im working 12's this weekend.

Comment

Have a 3 angle valve job done. Maybe some bowl work under the valve. You will gain more then the 1.9 rockers will give you and spend less. I wouldn't even say you get 10 HP from the 1.9 rockers on a stock motor.
                sigpic

Comment

Also have the heads milled down like .010 so their nice and even. If you take it to a machine shop they can do the 3 angle valve job and mill the heads.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

https://www.easyperformance.com/support/technology-reports/zzp-er-high-ratio-rocker-arm-testing

dyno results for hp gains by zzp.

definitely more hp than you would get from a 3 angle valve job for sure lol. ported heads are obviously great for power. but its not cheap either. porting and rockers, bigger valves, or cam are gonna work great together.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                      https://www.easyperformance.com/support/technology-reports/zzp-er-high-ratio-rocker-arm-testing

dyno results for hp gains by zzp.

definitely more hp than you would get from a 3 angle valve job for sure lol. ported heads are obviously great for power. but its not cheap either. porting and rockers, bigger valves, or cam are gonna work great together.

Where are you test results for comparison to the 3 angle?
                      sigpic

Comment

waiting on you to find them i guess?? i know a 3 angle valve job can increase horsepower, and maybe what i said was inaccurate, for some reason i was thinking the 3.8 series II had a 3 angle valve job from the factory, and obviously if that was the case, their wouldn't be any gains. however, i couldn't find any information on it. he might as well do a valve job if he has the heads out, just depends on the price, if its worth it or not. i've heard 35$ dollars a valve thrown around for a 3 angle.
                        rockers can be done, at any time. obviously easier when you are already in there. i've never seen any solid information or numbers from just a valve job, most people don't stop there.
                        Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 11-04-2012, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                          waiting on you to find them i guess

Your the one saying the high ratio rockers will help more than a 3 angle valve job? 13 HP from the rockers? I've seen a valve job pick up 15 plus CFM on the flow bench. That's a lot more than your 13 HP.

Oh and I have Yellow Terra 1.9's. They showed maybe a 0.02 at the track. Yea that's two hundreds of a second. 13 HP my ***.
                          sigpic

Comment

as much as i like talking ****, thats not what im about. i did edit my post. and for the record it was before i saw your reply. show me dyno numbers. i don't work for zzp. but they did actual research. Were your gains based purely off a valve job and no port work? any paper work on it? and how much did your valve job cost? and how much time did the valve job drop your time? and are you talking 1/8 or 1/4 mile? even if you have hp numbers or times, if they are both with upgraded rockers those results would be skewed, as the mods compliment eachother, also intirested if any tuning was done after either of these mods. i mention tuning because its not uncommon for aftemarket rockers combined with springs to cause False KR, which will definitely kill your gains.
                            Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 11-04-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

FWIW I went with some aluminum 1.9 roller rockers I scored off ebay from a guy on here several years back. The price was right and after I installed them with yellow ls6 springs I must say it was well worth it. The install wasn't overly intrusive and the gains were great in my full bolt on 100 shot car. If you don't have the supporting mods (headers, CAI, etc) you need to pass on the rockers. If I could go back and do it all over again I wouldn't do anything diffrent.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X